Transfers out.
by Homeboy73 (2018-10-06 08:46:31)

This year we get to see how two transfers out do. Boley and Patberg. It got me wondering about prior transfers out, and how they did at their new schools. We saw Reimer. Marciniak? Gomez? Bustamante (sp?)? The post/shot blocker from Texas (blanking on her name)? I am sure there are others.

Marciniak
by quasimodo  (2018-10-07 14:20:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There was an article about her online a few years ago that someone here linked to. Doing this from memory so forgive any inaccuracies.

She transferred to TN, did well and played professionally for a number of year. She lives in Houston(?) as a real estate agent with her partner.

Q

Marciniak
by hempfield75  (2018-10-08 10:58:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I do not know about her current happenings. But I do remember her transfer to TN. She was from Bethlehem Pa and was PA player of the year and believe USA player of the year. I am also from PA and was excited she picked ND. I was extremely disappointed in her when she transferred after her freshman year. If I remember correctly I believe the reasoning given she did not fit in with the team. This is when TN was the big cheese in WBB. I also believe winning a championship was important to her...Hope my memory did not fail on this...

SEG/Chief

She's Back in Bethlehem....
by dillon77  (2018-10-08 12:01:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...according to Wikipedia and other articles I've read. She married Beth Brooke, a senior EY executive in 2014, whom I've met at conferences on several occasions. Brooke was the first woman awarded a hoops scholarship at Purdue University.

Thanks for the info
by hempfield75  (2018-10-08 23:29:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She was very good and I will leave it at that....

SEG/Chief

Others
by Goirish01  (2018-10-06 12:29:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Barksdale transferred to U of Houston, but is still collegial with her teammates and I believe the staff as well.

Monique Hernandez transferred to NYU and then came back and played one final year at ND.

Kellie Watson went to Grand Valley State and joined the team there, but not sure what ever happened.

Erica Solomon transferred around a couple times. Not sure if she ever played another full season.

Bustamente is a personal trainer/basketball trainer in Florida.

Flecky and Wicks both left the team, but graduated from ND.

Add Sherisha Hills
by Hanratty5ND  (2018-10-06 15:34:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She was a 5-8 G, signed in 1998 out of Tampa(Academy of the Holy Names).

Ericka Haney--the 6-1 F from Toledo Catholic was the other signee that year.

Hills was a fourth-team Parade AA selection and a top 40 recruit.
She averaged 22 minutes and played in 2 NCAA Tournament games for ND--but transferred to Florida. She didn't play her Senior year at Florida due to knee injuries.

Totally forgot about her *
by Goirish01  (2018-10-06 16:28:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I recall an article about Wicks
by cbiebel  (2018-10-06 13:50:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She became a nun. She goes by Sister Joan of Arc now.

Sister Joan of Arc
by THEGIPPER  (2018-10-06 14:34:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She now teaches religion here at Knox Catholic in Knoxville. She and a group from the Convent attended the WBBall game against TN when Sylar scored a career high 33 points.

Good memory.
by Homeboy73  (2018-10-06 12:51:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I had forgotten about Hernandez and Solomon, both relatively recent. Audrey Gomez, as I recall, was All-State in NJ, went to ND, transferred to USC, and became an actress. She passed away in her late twenties. She had a sister Erika, that went to UCLA, I think.

Gomez
by Traditionnevergraduates  (2018-10-06 17:01:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You have the wrong info.

Gomez was murdered in 2001
by goirish01  (2018-10-06 22:52:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

very sad story

Correct.
by Homeboy73  (2018-10-07 00:01:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I used the phrase passed away, perhaps out of hesitance to say murdered. Audrey was in her late 20s.

Gomez
by Homeboy73  (2018-10-06 19:55:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Happy to have my memory corrected. What is wrong? The post-Notre Dame info?

Solomon was the biggest mystery to me
by goirish01  (2018-10-06 13:18:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She was definitely under-ranked coming in to ND and had a huge upside, but I think she perhaps struggled with the rigid/structured lifestyle that college academics and athletics required. It's really a shame - she had a ton of potential. We also could have used her against A&M against Danielle Adams!