Good memory.
by Homeboy73 (2018-10-06 12:51:37)

In reply to: Others  posted by Goirish01

I had forgotten about Hernandez and Solomon, both relatively recent. Audrey Gomez, as I recall, was All-State in NJ, went to ND, transferred to USC, and became an actress. She passed away in her late twenties. She had a sister Erika, that went to UCLA, I think.

Gomez
by Traditionnevergraduates  (2018-10-06 17:01:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You have the wrong info.

Gomez was murdered in 2001
by goirish01  (2018-10-06 22:52:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

very sad story

Correct.
by Homeboy73  (2018-10-07 00:01:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I used the phrase passed away, perhaps out of hesitance to say murdered. Audrey was in her late 20s.

Gomez
by Homeboy73  (2018-10-06 19:55:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Happy to have my memory corrected. What is wrong? The post-Notre Dame info?

Solomon was the biggest mystery to me
by goirish01  (2018-10-06 13:18:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She was definitely under-ranked coming in to ND and had a huge upside, but I think she perhaps struggled with the rigid/structured lifestyle that college academics and athletics required. It's really a shame - she had a ton of potential. We also could have used her against A&M against Danielle Adams!