If There's Going To Be "Nielefest," Pitt Weekend Seems Right
by dillon77 (2018-10-09 16:07:46)
Edited on 2018-10-09 16:09:05

In reply to: Thanks for the updates. Do you think that the Pitt weekend  posted by MPG

And for all the reasons you mention: decent weather, last home game for nearly a month; and, one can show the new practice facility that should be far enough along to show off, as NDoggie78 suggests.

But I'm wondering if MM/Niele et al will have it because last year's accomplished so much of what they needed at the proverbial "wide end of the funnel." It got a pretty wide bunch of '19, primarily '20 and two '21ers on campus.

That might've determined whether they liked the place, the team and each other to keep, pursue interest. In the case of Anaya and Sam, mission very accomplished (let's see pen to paper soon!).

And then the winnowing began. You found that there was a camp in summer that Alli Campbell came back to and you can be sure MM/Niele saw the Philly Belles play to keep up with those prospects. That resulted in Alli Campbell getting an offer and saying "yes."

You've got to think, the analysis on other '20 prospects (Bueckers, Clark, Marshall, Parrish, etc.) is pretty advanced, too. And based on the size of the roster, the class of '21 might be more of a "rifle" approach, then a "shotgun" at this point (hello Ms. Fudd and DeBerry).

That said, the event certainly seemed to have helped...maybe the next time to have one is next fall to help with '22ers.

Knock on wood, I'll be out in South Bend this weekend am hoping to get to the bookstore basketball event on Friday evening. If there's time, maybe I'll ask Niele or MM about it.