Yes and No (I mean, Yes)
by BabaGhanouj (2018-10-12 07:50:11)
Edited on 2018-10-12 08:28:37

In reply to: Saw a funny reference to this on the Boneyard  posted by cbiebel

Yes, it is funny (and telling) how messages are misinterpreted between the two boards, specifically in this case about the UConn statistics anomaly. I was thinking of having a "telephone" game between the two boards:

McGraw's Bench: "Geno Auriemna prefers to live in a universe of his own making rather than the one the rest of us share."

Boneyard: "the poster said that Geno was cheating."

I thought it pretty funny. Well, at least they are reading—comprehension is another story.

…and No—Oh wait, Oh wait. I need to pay more attention. (that telephone game again) I see what you are saying. Yes, I know nothing about the ESPN board. That could have been you. Are you wound pretty tight? :-)

I could have been considered to be that at the time
by cbiebel  (2018-10-12 13:26:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was kind of expecting the 2011 and later success to happen earlier than it did (I thought it should happen around 2004 or so), but it took longer than expected. There were one or two posters there who used to be serious jerk-offs (one I actually met in person, and he was actually nice then, but online he was a real dick).

Well, apparently you're off the hook for this one.
by BabaGhanouj  (2018-10-12 13:57:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

By now, I suppose hardly anyone on either board understands what's going on, but it seems it was a tightly wound Chris Masters defending Ms. McGraw.

Could we strike up another chorus of 🎶 "Oh, the Irish and the Huskies should be friends." 🎵