Paige Bueckers Thinks of Herself as a Combo Guard...
by dillon77 (2018-10-15 08:16:06)

...according to this article on the USA Basketball website.

“I don’t consider myself just a point guard,” said Bueckers, who also won a FIBA Americas U16 title in 2017. “The label kind of puts me to where I can only be a point guard. I would consider myself more of a combo guard where I play both, just not strictly the point guard spot.”

So if Ms. Bueckers thinks that way, chances are MM & Niele are doing much the same when it comes to looking at backcourt needs and opportunities in 2020 and 2021. (The "Bueckers" or/and "Clark" discussion, for instance.)

She also has some interesting thoughts on the 3x3 game:

“It’s a lot faster,” she said. “Just the pace at which you play. It’s like you get a shot, you have no time to celebrate. The other team gets the ball, and you play defense. It’s really a game of runs, and the last run obviously wins. It’s all about momentum, and who has the most energy and staying in shape.”

Given how well the team is doing thus far (knock on wood), Paige's observations speaks to how in shape she, Hailey Van Lith, Aliyah Boston and Sam Brunelle are. Good precursor to see how this translates to the collegiate level.

BTW, Paige Bueckers and Samantha Brunelle are competing in a shootout contest today.

Replies: