Anthony Anderson article on Arike and other team tidbits
by RISteve (2018-10-16 12:40:01)

For Those Interested in Some Pressing, Read This...
by dillon77  (2018-10-16 12:53:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...“I think we definitely will throw some zone in,” McGraw continued, “but we are capable of playing more man-to-man, which in a lot of games was still a necessity. I’m looking forward to being able to play a lot of different options, (including) press more, which was something we really couldn’t do at all before.”

Man-to-Man, Zone, Press. Would not be at all surprised to see Abby P. and Jordan extend the press when they're in the game.

And foul trouble is not a worry with their bench depth
by RISteve  (2018-10-16 13:09:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Of course, Matt M needs to agree

"Shock troops"
by txirish74  (2018-10-16 14:33:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I would love to see MM put in the second team as a unit for a few minutes to press like crazy and wear out the other team. Would also be a good way for them to start building some chemistry in meaningful minutes for 2019.

The funny thing about his comment
by cbiebel  (2018-10-16 13:31:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Instead of saying she won a NC with the zone, he should have pointed out that she both of her NCs with a zone defense.

Torn about the zone. Man is ideal, but that 23 was so beaut. *
by Jon  (2018-10-16 13:00:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post