Not that anyone here needs more reason to be optimistic
by SBSwarm (2018-10-16 21:42:14)
Edited on 2018-10-16 22:10:34

I came across this little stat nugget on twitter today. I don't know if its correct. Maybe someone more interested in statistics could verify it for us.

Edit: Now that I see who the author is, I'm fairly certain it's accurate. You're off the hook BG.

Absolute wrecking crew they 'll be. *
by Jon  (2018-10-17 11:41:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Going back, as far as I can tell...
by cbiebel  (2018-10-16 22:00:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I haven't seen any UConn starters combining for over 70. I was checking them out on their WWW site, and the years that they listed, they seem to hover in the 66-69 range for total points by their starters in their best years (and keep in mind that many years, three of the starters tended to score a large majority of their points). And that's the combination after the season, not the group coming back.

BTW, last year's starters for ND combined for 73 ppg.

That's one crazy statistic.
by BabaGhanouj  (2018-10-16 22:25:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She is right about Ohio State's starters last year, but they all either graduated or left (replaced by graduate student transfers). Plus they all averaged over 27 minutes a game. The crazy part is that, as she states, we have the whole team coming back! We are going to need an extra ball or two.

The bad news is that Ohio State was only 28-7, ranked 15th.

Defense Was Optional at OSU....
by dillon77  (2018-10-17 08:45:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

.for the whole game. We just tried to stay out of foul trouble in the first half, but then got going in the 3rd quarter. (Just ask Marina!)

Crazy stats...Interestingly, it will be interesting to see how the return of Bri affects scoring averages of our guards. Perhaps not as much driving to the hoop (and less foul shots), but more 3 pointers due to inside-out game?

Stay tuned.