Good Research, FA. Revise Argument a Bit...
by dillon77 (2018-10-21 08:28:41)

In reply to: Now that's what I call a strong argument. 😀  posted by BabaGhanouj

- The pre-AAC schedule is very formidable, right up there with the Irish.
- And Geno is trying to play some tougher games on the back end, but there are only three teams and UConn seems to have South Florida's number.
- And the AAC is, indeed, a container of cupcakes for the likes of KLS and crew.

So, being in a tight contest is something UConn comes across infrequently (Tulane?), which is not something you can accuse the Irish of in ACC ball.

Also, I've read a bit over the summer that many UConn starters were sporting nagging injuries in the tail end of the season. Then why was Geno having his starters play so many minutes in what amounted to scrimmages in the second half? He's had one or two ehh years recruiting, but perhaps the "freshman have to earn their PT living up to my standards" is catching up, a bit. Maybe Geno's standards have been influenced by coaching the National team for years and/or having Stewie and MoJeff on the squad.

In any case, I think he's got to give more PT to frosh like Ono and Williams this year due to graduations and a bit of a talent dearth (for UConn). Stay tuned.

Replies: