Thoughts on "This Is What We Do"?
by NDLAW88 (2018-10-22 09:33:32)

I enjoyed it but was surprised by what wasn't discussed: no reference to the 1st, regular season UCONN game. No mention of either FSU games, especially how we did to FSU what Louisville did to us in the regular season. No point of comparison between the two Louisville games, to at least reference the team's progress during the season into the NCAA tournament. And what I found particularly surprising was there was no breakdown of the MSU game involving Marina's turnover/the miscues near half court and the McGowan 5th foul. I would have loved to hear Marina or Coach talk about that.

I enjoyed it..pretty much what you'd expect...
by ufl  (2018-10-23 08:20:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There are a couple of voiceovers which I believe were done by Skylar Diggins. Unless I missed it, she is never identified nor appears in an interview on camera.

I wonder how long the DVD version lasts. This may be edited to provide room for commercials.

Skylar is the "narrater" - noted at beginning
by NDoggie78  (2018-10-23 11:56:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This is the same version as was on facebook original airing (except facebook version didn't have the Brady Quinn and Nick Weishar "commercials").

I have the DVD, but haven't watched to see if there is anything different

She is identified very early
by NDLAW88  (2018-10-23 09:00:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but only in a brief flash across the screen. If you FF through the beginning to get to the "meat", you'd miss it.

Thanks *
by ufl  (2018-10-23 09:05:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Enjoyed it.....but wanted to see more game action.... *
by Wolfetone  (2018-10-22 17:30:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Any way to watch if you forgot to record? *
by irishdds  (2018-10-22 15:59:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Also missed a lot of the context of the season
by cbiebel  (2018-10-22 15:20:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As you said, they skipped over the first UConn game, but they also failed to give context when the injuries occurred. Vaugh went down a week before the game at UConn. The Thompson injury was just 10 days before Louisville (and puts what happened at Louisville into context).

That's where an "outsider" perspective could've helped
by dillon77  (2018-10-22 16:30:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..combined with insight from someone who knew the team very well as a content consultant (say Anthony Anderson).

If you're looking for a 30 x 30 approach, you've got to get that kind of ilk of producers to bring that kind of perspective.

That was obviously not the case here. Not bad if you want to get a sugar high, but more prep and care needed to go into the meal to get the kind of full results many were after.

I didn't get the big role they gave Adam Amin
by TWO  (2018-10-22 13:58:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I mean I know of no connection between ND and the WBB program and Amin other than he's a TV play by play guy who did the final four.

Not to mention he wasn't very good.

I enjoyed it though and was glad somebody here posted about it's time so I could record it.

He wasn't very good? I thought he was great calling the
by Slotts  (2018-10-22 14:33:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

games.

Amin.
by Homeboy73  (2018-10-22 19:23:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The shots of Amin, Lawson and Lobo at the end of both the UConn and MSU games were great. Made me a fan of Amin. Watching his calls for the wins, his dropping the mike (his pen), and watching Lobo’s expressions and body contortions next to Lawson’s stone face and rigid posture, but with eyes darting and following the action, were classics.

He was amazing! *
by Goirish01  (2018-10-22 15:43:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I also thought he was terrific in the final four. Loved
by Tim Kelley  (2018-10-22 14:52:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the shots of him just slumping in his chair in silence when Arike made her shots, letting the TV audience take in the pandemonium without interruption.

I meant his role in the show, I agree he was excellent
by TWO  (2018-10-22 14:52:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

as the play by play guy for the final four.

He created some objectivity, not having an ND coach/player. *
by domerduck  (2018-10-24 14:29:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I thought he was direct and to the point in the presentation
by Slotts  (2018-10-22 15:58:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but, like I said below, they left a lot of points on the field. I really think it could have been so much better. I would have like to heard more from Beth Morgan-Cunningham. As Muffet said, Beth is the most analytical and calm.

Also ignored the drama of Jess rolling her ankle
by NDLAW88  (2018-10-22 13:17:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I screamed out loud when she fell right before the half against UCONN. Couldn't believe when she came out for the second half a la Willis Reed.

Does anyone have any insight as to why ESPN doesn't
by dfcirish  (2018-10-22 13:10:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

market WBB final four games on dvd? Apologies if I missed earlier discussion on this. Thanks.

The ND games are on YouTube for anyone interested. *
by beancounter  (2018-10-22 17:49:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thanks! *
by dfcirish  (2018-10-23 11:44:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The NCAA used to do that
by cbiebel  (2018-10-22 15:12:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You used to be able to go on their web site and order them. For some reason, they seem to have recently stopped it. I was looking last April and couldn't find it.

Demand? Cost?
by NDBass  (2018-10-22 13:51:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Does CBS offer the men's Final Four games on DVD? I've never heard of either being done, but I've never looked.

Hopscotchey. Presumed viewer had background knowledge.
by T-Bone  (2018-10-22 12:39:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I follow our team closely but still got lost.

Agree with most -basically it should have been twice as long
by NDoggie78  (2018-10-22 12:10:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But I think it was made more for the casual fan who isn't going to alot more than 30-40 minutes of their time instead of what those of us here would have liked. It would be nice to have the two Final Four games on dvd (my dvr is failing and needs to be replaced, so I'm going to lose them)

That being said, I would have liked a four part series.

It was well done, and I have a new appreciation of Adam Amin

As you stated, this was designed for the casual fan. *
by MPG  (2018-10-22 23:11:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If I had to guess, they were just making "Onward Notre Dame"
by NDoggie78  (2018-10-23 12:01:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

episode so were fitting it into those time constraints. Then they decided we could sell this on a dvd.

If they had done it originally with a dvd in mind, it could have been 1.5 to 2 hours long (and we all would have been happier)

Amin is fantastic.
by NDBass  (2018-10-22 13:01:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He did a heck of a job with all three of the Final Four games. I hope he sticks around.

What We Do.
by Homeboy73  (2018-10-22 10:51:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Agree. Good, enjoyable, but odd omissions re UConn regular season, Louisville ACC Tourney, but still liked it. Could have been much more dramatic. Wow, that season was dramatic, especially the close calls on both UConn games, the end of MSU, and the multiple amazing comebacks.

OK. I liked it, but if it were a term paper, it would be C
by Slotts  (2018-10-22 10:41:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

at best because of all the things not covered.

Yup *
by SB Jimbo  (2018-10-22 11:38:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I agree. *
by NDBass  (2018-10-22 10:48:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I agree - enjoyable but incomplete *
by Orangutan  (2018-10-22 10:19:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It was a commercial for Notre Dame, with NDWBB as
by veets  (2018-10-22 10:01:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the vehicle. I would have loved to have seen much more on what you describe.

Of the 40 minute program, probably 15-20 minutes were "commercials": Brady Quinn's thing, Nic Weisher, etc.

Agree with all. Left me half-full. *
by RISteve  (2018-10-22 12:08:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post