Follow-up notes from the Harvard game.
by MPG (2018-11-10 10:42:03)

Dev Peters, Melissa Lechlitner, and Becca Bruszewski were seated together and introduced during a timeout. Becca is now the head coach at South Bend St. Joseph and is 2-0 so far. Speaking of SB hoops, Mila Reynolds scored 26 of Washington's 47 points in a win over Mishawaka. I saw no recruits at the game.

Stacy Fields from the early '90s teams was seated in the recruit section and was also introduced. She was a Parade All-American from Minnesota. Aren't we overdue for a recruit from Minnesota? Has ND had one since Kelly Siemon? I heard there is a good guard from there in the 2020 class...

The crowd was late arriving due to the starting time and heavy football weekend traffic surrounding campus. Overall it was a good turnout and there were football weekend visitors on hand.

Jess Shepard has a combination of power and skill that will be difficult to replace. Brianna Turner is back and ready to be a force on both ends.Jordan Nixon will be fun to watch as she gains experience. I'd like to see her take a few pull-up jumpers.

Abby Prohaska picked up another quick foul ten seconds after she entered the game, but then played with a lot of determination and avoided foul trouble. She was one of several players assigned to hound Harvard's leading scorer from last season, Benzan. They held her to 3 points on 1 of 14 shooting.

Arike is a scorer. Jackie played a solid game and quickly discarded the mask. Mikayla is making progress. She is still a first year player in her development, given all the time she missed since last November's injury. Nicole Benz was just added to the roster and was already in mid-season form!

Replies: