Thx MPG, FA. One or a Few Thoughts...
by dillon77 (2018-11-10 13:05:15)
Edited on 2018-11-10 17:08:56

In reply to: Thanks for the update. I loved watching the game, but your  posted by Fighting_Artichoke

..some of which I've posted here or there (Romper Room).

- Think Bri is a bit rusty and missed a few chippies, but she'll get those. FA's point about getting the ball in the right place at the right time might be helped a bit when Marina reenters the lineup. Going back to 2016-17, Mabrey2 does a good job with skip passes into the lane to Brianna. It will take some time for Jordan to reach the familiarity that Lindsay Allen had passing into Bri, but here's to seeing that happen.

Also expect more of Jess Shepard throwing that entry pass from the elbow, a la Kat. She had one beauty yesterday. Expect more to follow.

Abby was looking for Mik for similar passes in the second half. If she gets more air time with the first unit (and if she plays D like she did today, she will), I'll bet Abby will be a steady feeder into the appropriate post.

- Regarding Jackie. Who knows if the mask was getting into her concentration? Or if the word was to feed the post and she consciously held back from attacking the lane like we know she can. However, it would be nice to let her loose, particularly as long as Marina is out.
Having three scoring options would be nice. (Giving Bri time...)

- Shep. She looks so relaxed and confident (guess winning a NC will do that). She'll use that confidence to dig into her growing tool kit of moves. And defenses will have to pick their poison between Bri and Shep or inside-outside. No team wins doing that.

- Mik. Perfect situation to play. No pressure, get reps.

- Abby. You can tell she was a leader in high school. But I agree that I was pleasantly taken aback by just how confident she appears. That's great. Deferring on offense, but that's cool. Take the medium jumper when it's there though and would like to see her catch some teams asleep when she goes hard left to the hoop.

- Injuries. Crossing fingers here.

- Banner Raising. Hope to see alums, for sure. Also hope to see an unofficial visit.