I just got back from Eugene-Cuse is tough.Sabrina saved the
by domerduck (2018-11-10 21:56:24)
Edited on 2018-11-10 22:03:50

In reply to: Boley didnt handle their pressure on defense very well  posted by Goirish01

Ducks in the second half. She didn't shoot much in the first half but set up a lot of players who missed their shots, especially Boley and Sabally. If they had hit them she would have had another triple double and the game would have been easy. She had only 8 points at HT and picked it up 2nd half to end up scoring 26. Her big shots were when they were down by 6 (67-61) when she hit two straight 3's. She ended up 5-8 for three's. Her and Cazorla hit their FTs to finish off the game when they got the lead back on Boley's 3 pt shot.

As for Boley's game, she started hot hitting 3 of her first 4 shots including her 1st 2 threes. She then missed all but 1 of her next 14 shots including 9 threes. Graves kept her in as she was pretty good on defense. Then when she needed her to, she hit the three to put the Ducks up 70-67. Still I could see they missed Lexi Bando's reliable 3 pt shooting this game and are counting on that Boley would play that role. We will see if she settles back to her 40%+ 3pt shooting down the road.

Syracuse zoned low to keep the ball from going in to Hebard. They pressed well and the coach was very aggressive with their D. They started hitting their 3's in the second half when they took the lead. I don't remember them hitting any in the 1st half which is why the Ducks stayed in control of the game until Cuse made it's run to get the lead late in the second half. ND plays them Feb. 25 so it will be interesting how good they will be then.

Oregon had a good crowd which helped the comeback. The team still has some work to get back in their flow which took them a while last year as well. As to another PAC12 team, I plan on going to Oregon State's game next Weds but they're not playing a ranked team so won't be tested. I hope they get to play ND again in Vancouver.