Let me add
by BabaGhanouj (2018-11-11 20:12:35)
Edited on 2018-11-12 08:43:15

In reply to: Yes, she lives not far away and has visited UConn many times *  posted by BabaGhanouj

that, despite what many on the Boneyard believe, many here believe Aliyah has always been Connecticut's to lose, but many also believe, including myself, that it is certainly no lock for UConn.

Unlike cynics who think recruits travel around the country for their own whimsy, taking advantage of paid holidays on official visits, I see these young women as extraordinarily motivated to make every effort to find what they believe is the right school for them. They haven't put in all this work in high school and summer leagues to be cavalier about their choice. It would be crazy for them not to meet the players and coaches of the teams in which they are interested.

I'm sure many have favorites when they start their visits, but don't underestimate the value of an honest coach who is more concerned about a player's well being than their own ego, or real and potential teammates. It ain't over till the (high) stat lady sings.