I think Abby will reduce her fouls once she get
by Fighting_Artichoke (2018-11-13 09:34:21)
Edited on 2018-11-13 09:35:17

In reply to: Bull in the china shop: 4 fouls in 20 minutes  posted by Kayo

adjusted to the college game. But Muffet LOVES her aggressiveness. In fact, Muffet wishes more players would risk drawing charges as Abby does. Muffet is on record as saying that she wants the team to take some risks on defense, as they are playing a bit passive (perhaps a residual effect from last season).

Another bit of evidence to support my point. Look at how many minutes Abby had compared to the other bench players. Her 19 minutes are almost as many as Nixon, who started. And she played a lot in the first half. I believe Muffet is rewarding her for her aggressiveness. By the way, I not implying that you are taking the opposing view. You stated that you like her game a lot and I am agreeing with you.

When has Notre Dame had a freshman who was this disruptive? Marina started off her freshman year as a steals machine, but Abby should be a better defender in the end, as she moves her feet very well, whereas Marina is more of a poker with her hands. Jewell was an excellent defender, but I don't know if she was this disruptive, although that was probably a good thing, as Jewell started and couldn't afford to be that reckless. But Abby has 5 fouls to spend each game, and if Abby is aggressive, I believe that Muffet will allow her to use them!