Natonal Letter of Intent Early Signing Period Begins Nov. 14
by dillon77 (2018-11-13 11:53:21)
Edited on 2018-11-13 18:08:26

As in tomorrow/Wednesday, Nov. 14 and runs until Nov. 21st.

And it starts with a bang! Wing Haley Jones is due to make her choice of college on an ESPN special. Not certain of the time, but since she's on the West Coast, one should take that into consideration.
To recap, her five finalists are ND, UConn, Stanford, Oregon and South Carolina.

The other uncommitted prospect the Irish are after -- post Aliyah Boston -- will make her announcement at home in the U.S. Virgin Islands while on a community service trip with her Worcester Academy.
Her four finalists are ND, UConn, Ohio State and South Carolina.

As for the two verbal commitments ND has procured thus far, Orangutan reports that:

- Sam Brunelle is going to sign on Wednesday, Nov. 14th at 5 p.m. EST.
- Anaya Peoples is due to sign her NLI on Thursday, Nov. 15th at 3 p.m. CST.

Before anything else happens with the uncommitted prospects, here's to Brunelle and Peoples coming aboard at forward and guard, respectively. They want to come and in my very humble opinion, will be great additions.

As for Boston and Jones, like many of you, I can think of compelling reasons why they could/should attend Notre Dame. But many find reasons for them to attend UConn, Stanford, South Carolina, etc. Some of you swear ND is in the driver seat for one and/or both, while others are not so sure.

Personally, I would love to see the Irish have both, but think there might be a smidgen more chance for Boston to play in Purcell (Given she lives less than an hour from UConn, Storrs should be the logical landing spot. Plus they need a post. But if so, why hasn't she signed already? ND interest? Sam factor?). Jones is great, but has options on the left coast. In either case, cross fingers, think good thoughts and stay tuned.

P.S. BTW, there is a dead period through Nov. 15th (Thursday), which means the only contact a coach may have with a player or parent is via phone or writing. No face-to-face contact. After that, a evaluation period is back, which -- for the duration of teh national letter of intent early signing period -- still favors use of the phone and writing. Here we go!

Replies: