Early Signing Period Update - Nov. 14th
by dillon77 (2018-11-14 10:08:03)
Edited on 2018-11-14 10:09:47

ESPNw just published an A to Z primer on the early signing period for 2019 WCBB. I've attached the link if you're interested in getting an overview on 2019 prospect and coach and/or university happenings. MM's team occupies the "I" section, which I've cut and pasted below.

Before getting to that:

- Hold on the Haley Jones announcement on ESPN today. There does not seem to be any further indication of that. If so, will drop a line (somebody will, for sure).

- Sam B. is most certainly on target for signing in her gym at 5 p.m. today and Tim Fudd, her club team coach (and father of her running mate, Azzi), has weighed in. Nothing like keeping the "Red Robin Prophecy" going!

"Big day for my girl @sambrunelle33 ! Congrats on your signing day!! Looking forward to seeing all your pics from your celebration today! #GoIrish"

- Here's the "I" part, as promised. Needless to say, the author is impressed with MM's two commits:

"I: Irish. We need to plead for some patience. This one is going to take a while. ... The reigning champs are expecting signatures from two players who already have a whole lot of winning on their resumes. Samantha Brunelle, a 6-foot-2 forward and the No. 4 senior prospect, won a pair of international gold medals this year alone, winning the three-on-three title at the Youth Olympic Games and the five-on-five title at the FIBA U17 World Cup. Prior to that, she won gold at the 2017 FIBA Americas U16 Championship and bronze at the 2016 FIBA U17 World Cup. Brunelle is the reigning Gatorade player of the year in Virginia after averaging 30.0 points, 15.6 points and 13.5 assists per game at William Monroe (Stanardsville, Virginia). Anaya Peoples, a 5-foot-10 point guard ranked 21st in the class, also struck international gold this summer at the FIBA Americas U18 Championship. As a junior at Schlarman (Danville, Illinois), she averaged 16.9 points, 6.7 rebounds and 4.7 steals, and led her team to a state title."

Stay tuned!

Question for the recruiting experts.
by Sbswarm  (2018-11-14 14:52:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Has Coach McGraw ever received a commitment from a high profile recruit on signing day? Or after? I cannot recall one recently, though I think Arike committed kind of late in the process.
I'm wondering if I should temper my expectations at this point, if after all, it's rarely occurred in the past, it's not likely to happen in the future. Especially, it seems, when we're recruiting against other major programs.

Good question (or maybe inopportune question)
by BabaGhanouj  (2018-11-14 15:38:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I know Jordan Nixon was late in the process, but I don't think it was during the signing period. Often those are top candidates and we don't often get top candidates (1-5) but we do have one this year. When did Skylar sign?

Jordan Nixon- Wasn’t she recruited
by Homeboy73  (2018-11-14 16:28:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

late in the process, after Jenna Brown decomitted from Notre Dame? I may be wrong.

Nixon
by Orangutan  (2018-11-14 16:55:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hard to know how long we were recruiting for. But she committed Sept. 30. So still over a month before the early signing period.

Thanks. She does look like she will be good. *
by Homeboy73  (2018-11-14 18:17:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I believe that Skylar signed on the last day possible. *
by Dennis  (2018-11-14 16:07:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She signed on 11/19/2008 *
by Hanratty5ND  (2018-11-14 16:31:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So we do have some history of getting top recruits during
by BabaGhanouj  (2018-11-14 16:58:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the signing period.

Of course. Skylar. Can't believe I forgot about the biggest
by Sbswarm  (2018-11-14 19:14:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

of big fish. I will remain cautiously optimistic about our chances at a three player class. Thanks everyone.

Skylar was a unique situation as a local star who was an
by MPG  (2018-11-14 21:24:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ND lean. She attended a game on the Tuesday night before the end of the signing period. I saw her exchanging hugs with Niele and Muffet after the game, so I figured that she had chosen ND.

Do we know for sure that Boston and Jones are signing
by Tim Kelley  (2018-11-14 10:42:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

today or during the early signing period ?

Not Sure About Jones Today (at this point)
by dillon77  (2018-11-14 11:15:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and there have been multiple stories about Boston announcing while she's home in the Virgin Islands (on a field trip with Worcester Academy) next week.

But nothing scheduled on the ether like Brunelle (5 p.m. today), Peoples (3 p.m. tomorrow) or Amihere (6 p.m. today).

If Jones was/is not completely certain about her choice, I can understand not announcing today...she's been at college campuses (S. Carolina, UConn, Oregon) for three consecutive weekends.

If they do know where they want to go, I can't imagine them waiting. But if they're not sure, they could wait, like Sabrina I. did. And did.

TOS reporting Jones on Monday. *
by Tim Kelley  (2018-11-14 12:04:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post