Never saw this coming. *
by 2ndstreeter (2018-12-02 17:53:53)

This user did not provide content for this post

Not at all surprised. They still have most talent and
by btd  (2018-12-02 18:05:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We seem to need a kick in the ass to wake us up.

We have plenty of talent. I’m surprised at the lack of
by 2ndstreeter  (2018-12-02 18:23:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

composure. We don’t know how to be the front runner.

It takes a lot of humility to be the front runner
by chicos bail bonds  (2018-12-02 18:46:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and lose with grace. This is a good teaching moment for McGraw. I would be surprised if she didn't see this coming based on her getting on the team pretty hard over the first fee weeks of the season.

There is no way of really calculating such things, but it
by Tim Kelley  (2018-12-02 18:18:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

sure seemed to me that the UConn players played with more intensity, and eventually composure, than ND’s.

It looked like it has the past few years regular season *
by btd  (2018-12-02 18:45:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

UConn Was Very Focused and Intense...
by dillon77  (2018-12-02 18:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..and I thought it showed itself early on in their pursuit of loose balls and attacking the basket for weak-side cuts and rebounds.

We had our chance to tie it and the end of the second quarter and couldn't quite get it there. Then they took "our" third quarter and that seemed to affect our composure. Weirdly, I thought Arike looked a bit disengaged in the 2nd half until she lost it in the fourth quarter.

Mostly, I think we need to rethink how we can address them next time out...not sure we have the quickness to stick with them with a man to man defense.

Also, it will help for Marina to get more miles on her and it would be nice to have Jordan Nixon in to give some minutes. Plus, let Patterson play a bit more...she has willing and able legs to hit the boards against Walker.

Didn’t really surprise me. Geno always has his
by Tim Kelley  (2018-12-02 18:02:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

team playing tight defense and fast flowing offense. It’s a different level of competition. And, he has a whole lot of talent.

I was waiting for us to wake up and smoke them
by Jvan  (2018-12-02 18:01:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thought it was inevitable. Our fold and loss of poise is inexplicable.