Arike
by 317Farley (2018-12-02 17:57:08)

Arike would not shake Geno’s hand

He baited her. Hope she learns from this. *
by domerduck  (2018-12-02 18:15:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What Did Geno Say To Bait Arike, I Missed It *
by savr27  (2018-12-02 18:41:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sorry
by IrishHugo  (2018-12-02 18:28:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But I think Arike created the moment. Watch the game again. She under cut Williams going the the basket for a 2 plus 1. Not good. Then right after she was running down the court and bumping aggressively with a UCONN player. I was surprised she wasn’t called for a foul there. And then the technical. She is way too good for that behavior.
And Marina needs to quit whining after every call against her. Bring the Jersey hard hat to the game but leave the attitude home.

I was there
by maverick  (2018-12-02 21:37:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She did get called for a foul & Geno baited her because he is a scumbag. Hiss players get away with a lot of crap & they rival the Duke men for the dramatics on the court

Katie Lou Flop
by NDLAW88  (2018-12-03 10:45:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Flops on D, flops on O.

He is a classless scumbag.
by Goirish01  (2018-12-02 18:06:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He has been provoking players like that for years. Just ask Cappie Poindexter.

You don’t know what you’re talking about. *
by Ewecon  (2018-12-02 18:24:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Why don’t you make this your last post? If you
by dfcirish  (2018-12-03 07:15:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

want to defend that classless asshole go to the boneyard

I'm not defending Geno.....
by ewecon  (2018-12-03 08:59:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm merely stating that you shouldn't send a person to jail without knowing if he committed a crime.

As It Turned Out...
by dillon77  (2018-12-03 09:51:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...he was part of "words spoken" between he and Arike.
In her press conference, Arike acknowledged that and that she needs to show some senior leadership.

Geno's not quite 65, but he's close enough and it would be good for him to do much the same. I think many Irish fans and long-time Geno watchers have seen/heard this type of behavior often in the past and that's what triggered the reaction.

In no way do I think folks should call folks obnoxious names but in this day and age, it's unfortunately prevalent.

Given all that, I wish you had put that line in your initial e-mail...caveats help (as a long-time contributor to the Boneyard, I've learned that.)

Coming Onto a Board After A Defeat Like This....
by dillon77  (2018-12-02 18:28:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...and putting a headline retort isn't going to get you too much traction.

Most people on the board are tipping their hat to Geno for having his team ready. And Arike let her frustration show with some chippy moves on gthe court. But lecturing and/or baiting a 21 year old when you're up 15 points won't get anyone thinking highly of you at the end of the day.

Dillon77....
by Ewecon  (2018-12-02 19:01:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Look, here’s the thing.... do you KNOW he was baiting her? Actually, I should pose that question to the person who posted he baited her and called Geno a scumbag. I think he/she speculated that he baited her. What I heard was that Geno was jawing at the ref and Arike said something to Geno about it. I don’t think the poster knew what happened. That’s why I posted they don’t know what you’re talking about. I wasn’t looking for traction, and that’s all I said. I don’t post often here, but when I do, I’m usually respectful. I don’t believe I was disrespectful in this case, either. If Geno did indeed bust her, than that’s a different story. But at the time if the posting, i don’t think anything was know. This will become a he-said she-said thing.

Saw it pretty well
by tedstheman  (2018-12-02 21:22:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Our seats are on the side behind the teams. Geno was definitely talking to Arike before she said something back to him and got T'd up. Geno started clapping right away like he was proud of himself. Couldn't hear what was said though.

Why didn't the Refs T-up Geno then, after all
by MackyBoy  (2018-12-03 05:59:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

he is suppose to be the adult, right ? Just like Rat Face Coach K gets away with a lot, so does Geno. Personally, I can't stand the guy and would love to give him a shot in the family jewels.

He is a classless scumbag *
by Goirish01  (2018-12-02 21:59:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In Regards to Dangerfield, OSU Incident...
by dillon77  (2018-12-02 18:02:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't quite know what's going on there, but the refs are going to start looking for this kind of behavior.

Arike can get frustrated, but getting overly emotional on the court with chippy play or back and forth with coaches (when you're in front of a ref) isn't going to help. Some hustle on loose balls in the 2nd half might've been a better way to work off some frustration.

BTW, This is in no way letting off Geno if he sent some of his sarcastic, chippy lines to Arike while she's playing. He's a 60-something guy that should be way past dropping a line on a young adult.

But Arike's got to just ignore that crap....and that's what it is.

Just going to post the same
by RISteve  (2018-12-02 18:00:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not sure what happened, but disappointing on both sides.

There's some history there *
by Orangutan  (2018-12-02 17:58:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The coach that used to get in the heads of opposing players
by Jvan  (2018-12-02 18:04:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

....was John Wooden. Not sure if Geno was shading Arike but she was upset about something.