Not surprised
by Mike (2018-12-02 18:08:35)
Edited on 2018-12-02 18:11:51

I feared this would be the outcome today. The coach in me didn't feel comfortable with the off-season and our focus. Uconn pointed to this game from the time the buzzer went off in the tournament. We've been on an extended victory lap and had distractions over the summer. Have to stay humble and hungry. This couldn't have come at a better time. Team has to get back to work, find it's heart and soul. Congrats to Uconn. We'll see you in a few months.

Agree
by theozman14  (2018-12-02 21:12:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This might be the post that I agree with the most of any post I have read. I sat next to a gentleman at the game that is a diehard, the girls do nothing wrong type fan and I just pointed out a few things. #1-all one on one whenever we struggled. #2-cherry picking at this level is unheard of and I saw it 3 times today. Didn't even make it back over the half court line. #3 the athletic ability of their 7 versus our 7 is really noticeable in person. #4-we will be ready next time, but I worry about watching the attitudes after mistakes, an awful lot of finger pointing all game. Never seemed to be my fault, always someone else's. These things will get better.