I think Shepherd needs to put back on her weight
by IAIRISH (2018-12-02 18:10:04)

She did not look as powerful and was getting bounced around. Plus, the loss of weight has not translated into greater quickness or a higher vertical.

Yes
by Orange_Irish  (2018-12-02 23:01:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes, way too many plays where she fought for great position only for the taller longer armed UConn players to outjump her.

Part of it is that UConn did a much better job of crashing the boards with multiple bigs

But part was also that Jessica needed to root the bodies behind her back to get more space

This is also where Patterson’s development will really help as she can match the UCOnn bigs athleticism. Thought she gave some nice minutes.

Good Thoughts....
by dillon77  (2018-12-03 07:50:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..Jess sometimes seems to get positioned in places that don't do her any good, then having to fight against both the bottom of the board and tall adversaries. Tough team to do that against...Collier and ONO both have long arms (like Bri).

...I also thought Danielle Patterson gave a good 10 minutes. In fact, I would've gone a bit longer with her, particularly against ONO so the two could, in effect, cancel each other out.

Doesn't look like she can box out as well either *
by SB Jimbo  (2018-12-02 18:17:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post