Look for Bri - look for Bri - look for Bri - look for Bri
by Goirish01 (2018-12-02 18:16:34)

Our offensive sets the entire game. Or perhaps more appropriate “stand around and look for Bri.”

I didn't think that was it at all. Turner took 6 fewer
by Slotts  (2018-12-02 20:47:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

shots than any starter on ND. I think we needed more Turner on offense and more Jackie and less Arike.

Agree
by Orange_Irish  (2018-12-02 22:52:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Agree, Bri and Jackie were our match up advantages In the half court O.

UConn played great team D but we could’ve gotten their bigs in serious foul trouble early.

And a little inside/outside game could’ve settled us down with better quality jump shots as well.

Plan is fine - execution was terrible *
by Orangutan  (2018-12-02 20:06:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That was a fear of mine entering this season: a return to
by btd  (2018-12-02 18:43:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

that offense versus the one we ran last year without her. I don't think we were quite as much what you imply, but more than I prefer. The largest factors in my mind were:

1) We missed 15-20 2' shots
2) We get zero position for rebounds way too often. We just made no attempt at all to pay attention to where they are standing
3) We missed a lot of FT
4) We did nothing at all to get Marina into the game -- and her 3 pt shots
5) In general, we were in the wrong defense against them the entire game. We may not have a right defense for them -- but I saw minimal attempt by MM to find a solution.

Turner had the fewest amount of shots of the starters. *
by Slotts  (2018-12-02 18:36:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Now THIS does worry me. The return to that obsession. *
by Jon  (2018-12-02 18:30:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Agree
by ronniewoo  (2018-12-02 22:12:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think Bri is our 4th or 5th best offensive weapon. I think our offense works well when there is good off ball movement. A couple of years ago the priority of the offense was feeding Bri. There was a lot of standing around and a lot of turnovers forcing the ball in to her. I remember being surprised how much better our offense seemed to work in the couple of games following her injury (although admittedly a small sample size)