ND now #2 in AP Poll
by McLean_ND (2018-12-03 14:09:32)

I actually prefer this. Lower profile. Stay hungry. *
by Jon  (2018-12-03 19:32:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was expecting to fall to around 5 or so..
by TWO  (2018-12-03 16:28:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

mainly because they soundly defeated us on our home court.

But it's a long season and everybody has a loss coming somewhere. Last year by the end of the reg season only UConn was undefeated.

I wasn't
by cbiebel  (2018-12-03 21:49:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

First of all, the final score might have looked like "sounding defeating" but for most of the game ND was in it (within 6 with about 8 minutes left), and you can bet with the high profile of this game, pretty much every pollster was watching it.

Unless ND completely stunk it up from tip-off (which didn't happen) ND was likely only going to fall to #2, maybe #3 at worst.

It's been helped by the last 6-7 years when it was pretty much UConn and ND (and briefly Baylor) and then everyone else.

by Coyoteugly  (2018-12-04 10:00:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Didn't expect to drop lower but I also didn't expect to watch such bad D and O and bad attitudes from our guards. Seems they need to take a leaf out of Jackie, Bri and Jess s book as they were the only ones who showed any class.

Good points. No doubt how the voters viewed it as well. *
by TWO  (2018-12-04 08:36:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Both make sense. *
by domerduck  (2018-12-03 14:50:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post