A whole different take on "losing poise:
by NDLAW88 (2018-12-05 19:36:34)

Keeping UConn & ND stories on the ESPN NCAAW website
by domerduck  (2018-12-06 17:41:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

gives them lots of clicks. This cover story (still there) plus 3 of their top 7 headlines involve ND/UConn even 4 days after the game.

UConn is getting a lot of mileage from the events surroundin
by drmurray  (2018-12-06 14:54:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the last game.

Hopefully, our ladies will use that as motivation to get on track and start kicking ass like they are capable of doing.

I look forward to the rematch.

wcnitz told me once that reffing girls soccer was more
by graNDfan  (2018-12-06 09:27:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

difficult than boys because the girls remember and hold grudges long after the incident occurs. They then look for the opportunity to right the wrong later in the game by whatever means necessary.

I did not watch the second half, and don't like that we lost our poise. But I'm OK with hating UCONN (simliar to Miami and UM in football). Sometimes you need a rival to build the fire...

Hartford Courant article on this
by SB Jimbo  (2018-12-06 08:02:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

While the ESPNW article implies Muffet blocked her after Sunday's loss, the Courant says that's unclear.

The article also provides a little more info on Sunday's flareup.

Ha ha ha ha! Yeah, bring on the pettiness.
by BabaGhanouj  (2018-12-05 20:19:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't get enough of it at work, the internet, ESPN articles, celebrity tweets, men's sports coverage, or 13 or 14 pages of Boneyarders posting about tweets. Let's shed everything of worth and dive into pettiness. Just what women's basketball needs. Why should it be different than any other human interaction? After all, that's where the money and fame reside—in pettiness. Grow the sport by focusing on pettiness! Brilliant! That's the epitome of hilarious, whether they are serious or not.

This is an Onion article, right? It's so true, it must be.

"Building a civilization is difficult, destroying it is easy.”

Exactly. I don't even read that crap. Life is too short. *
by BTFNDGUY  (2018-12-06 10:11:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This ^^^^
by NDoggie78  (2018-12-06 08:30:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Maybe I'm old, but I don't like it

Of course, Muffet & Arike could have said "All" fans in their apologies and the UConn fanatics would have had to find something else to get in a huff about.

And why do all the UConn fans follow MM on twitter? Do any here follow Geno?

Twitterless after he went after Arike 4 years ago
by rjp172  (2018-12-06 15:44:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Deleted his account.

Amen. Agree. *
by Homeboy73  (2018-12-05 20:54:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post