Game Notes
by MPG (2019-01-11 10:38:35)

As expected, ND won the rebounding battle, but I was surprised at how tough the L'ville interior defense was. Of course they foul consistently and were called for quite a few of them. They really gave Jackie Young a tough time when she went to the hoop and it resulted in her worst shooting night that I can recall. They also swarmed Jess Shepard and caused her turnover problems while limiting her shots to four. Speaking of shooting, Asia Durr has a sweet old-fashioned jump shot.

Mik Vaughn with eight rebounds in nine minutes was great to see, along with her five points.

Arike had a star performance in the second half and also led ND with six assists.

Abby looked good in her two minutes. I'd like to see her with more time.

Matt McGraw was really into this game which indicates how much this game meant to his wife.

The Reynolds family was in attendance as a follow-up to Dillon uncovering
the ESPNW article on Mila Reynolds.

I survived two Cardinal fans sitting behind me who commented on every one of their made baskets with gleeful "yep!" They were pretty quiet during the final minute, although they thought that the lay-up ND conceded was some sort of great drive to the hoop.

I was at the 5 OT Men's game against Louisville
by NDoggie78  (2019-01-11 11:48:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There were about 8-9 young UofL guys (students?) that responded in unison after every Louisville basket "Whoooop there it is!"

At the very end, the entire section of ND fans turned around to them and gave them a "Whoooop there it is!"

Funny! Live by the whooop, die by the whooop!
by ProV1x  (2019-01-12 06:48:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That was a strange game. I started thinking I might still be watching it during breakfast!

I’m assuming that many of the top recruiting prospects were
by Tim Kelley  (2019-01-11 10:53:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

watching the game. That won’t hurt....either team.

That Louisville freshman guarding Arike looked very good...extremely quick on defense.

Mykasa Robinson
by dillon77  (2019-01-11 13:22:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...is the freshman guard I believe you were referencing. Just about the time I started tracking recruits for this board, MM and Niele flew to Ashland, KY, for a home interview.

Ms. Robinson initially committed to Colorado, in part, because her sister played there. She decommitted when that coaching staff was ousted and almost immediately committed to Louisville. I agree with you....she looked very athletic and didn't back down on her defensive assigbnments, plus showed some nice moves offensively.

Thanks for reminding me about her back story. As TK
by MPG  (2019-01-11 16:41:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

mentions below, she would have been a good addition to ND's roster.

I think she would have fit in very well with an MM
by Tim Kelley  (2019-01-11 14:35:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

team from an energy and drive perspective...assuming there were the other “fits”.

Does she have a sister SueKasa? *
by PWK2  (2019-01-11 14:30:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

OK, Who Buys Next Round? *
by dillon77  (2019-01-11 14:45:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post