Am I the only one
by brianant (2019-01-11 18:31:56)

waiting for Jackie to reach her full potential, I feel as though Jackie could be soo much scarier to more opponents.

I thought she was playing well at the beginning of the season, especially at the Vancouver showcase, but since then I feel as though she should have at least 20 points a night.

I want so much to happen for her, and I feel as though she can do it. Her jump shot is beautiful and should be used more. I am not sure if Muffet is just waiting for next year to fully unleash the beast of Jackie or something, but all I can say is that I am patiently waiting

I'm with you. I think she has the ability
by Irishwest  (2019-01-12 10:09:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

to be a 20+ scorer at any time. With her being the "Leader" next year, I expect that she will be a focus of the offense.

This year, she is just a cog of the overall team.

agree completely
by TommyZ  (2019-01-12 10:13:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Jackie's shot is much improved and she has worked on developed a deadly mid range floater. She is a very hard worker and definitely is a team first player.

I was fortunate to coach against her in her high school days, and she impresses me with her class and character as much as her basketball ability. And her basketball ability is incredible.

Jackie has the most talent on a talented team.....
by Wolfetone  (2019-01-12 09:07:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She is being asked to blend in for the sake of the team rather than
step out and be the star. We saw her step out against UCONN in the
semis last year(32 pts). She can carry us when needed and will go
for 25 ppg next season.

She’s very like Lindsay Allen, in that her first thought is
by 1NDGal  (2019-01-11 21:41:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

always of her teammates and how to support them. It’s never about her, even when it needs to be about her.

Miss Jacquée Miggy Figgy Young, as I call her in my head, is not the Highest-Scoring Basketball Player in the History of Indiana for nothing. Girl gets ish DONE. We wouldn’t have gotten to the Elite Eight last year without her. There are other games she took over in 2018 but I sitting here I can’t remember.

Muffet says she is likely to end up the best player in the history of NDWBB. Muffet does not say such things lightly.

We’ve not seen Jackie’s fifth gear yet. We shall. God help the team we’re playing when Jackie gets there.

Thought she played the PG position very well against
by Tim Kelley  (2019-01-11 20:09:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Louisville and would not be surprised to see her playing it more as the season progresses.

Yup
by pablo  (2019-01-12 11:22:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think Jackie will have to play point guard, at least against elite competition. She has the ability to break down a defense off the dribble. Marina does not. My guess is Nixon takes point next year and Jackie moves to the 3, her more natural position.

I've also had the feeling that she's laying low so far. Mind
by Jon  (2019-01-11 19:07:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...you, she's still doing an awesome job out there. Super invaluable, but she's got another gear stored.

I think it's deliberate. I think she doesn't want to complicate Bri blending in and just wants to fill in the edges of the picture right now.

As the year goes by though, we'll see more and more of that Superwoman cape.

Jackie may be the best pure
by Homeboy73  (2019-01-11 18:48:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

athlete on our team. Recognizing that AO is incredible, I think JY is strong, a very quick leaper, very fast, and in the air is amazing (a BB technical term, of course!). I do think she may defer to the other 4, which given the talents of the other 4 is understandable, and JY doesn’t (yet) emote as a killer, but I look forward to seeing JY continue to break out this year. Next year she will be the star, albeit on a very different Notre Dame team.

She is the ultimate team leader
by BIG MAC  (2019-01-11 20:31:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Seems like she does whatever most needs to be done at that time. Need rebounds? Points? Assists? Defense? Whatever is needed.

I think she's being very effective
by ufl  (2019-01-11 18:46:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There's lots of firepower on this team so she takes the ball up, plays tough defense and is ferocious on the boards. I fear that next year teams will be able to concentrate on her and her numbers will come down.