Neither is Kmac
by traditionnevergraduates (2019-01-12 14:57:49)

In reply to: I thought about this a little and decided  posted by BabaGhanouj

One is a point the other is a 2.

Who Do You Think Is the Point and Who is the #2?
by dillon77  (2019-01-12 16:11:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As you probably know, both have played point on their high school and AAU teams. In fact, on "greatest hits clips" of their AAU team, you can see them taking turns bringing the ball up and, alternately, being on the receiving ends of passes.

Before she was injured, MM said Katlyn was not going to be playing any point in 2018-19. Now that she's out for the season, I wonder what that does regarding next year. BTW, in the 2019 Class Signing Announcement, MM did say Katlyn would remind people of Kmac.

In high school, Anaya is listed as the point guard, but that's probably because -- like many other talented D1 prospects -- she's the best guard on the floor and handles the ball.

I've read somewhere that MM believes Anaya won't be playing the point primarily. (Still believe Jordan Nixon will get her full shot.)

The main differences I see between the two is Anaya might be a bit more physical than Katlyn, while Gilbert also has a bit more range on her jumper. At least what she's done in games/cips I've seen.

Outside of that, I like MPG's description...they're both old school guards who can alternate bringing the ball up and being the #2. Think Frazier/Monroe or West/Goodrich for us old-timers.

In either case, look forward to them joining with Abby P. next year and whomever will join Alli Campbell in the Class of 2020.