ND and Sydney Parrish "Go Their Own Way..."
by dillon77 (2019-01-14 14:01:02)
Edited on 2019-01-14 14:11:50

It was bound to happen. Sydney Parrish became the first known attendee of Recruitapalooza/Nielefest to decide to focus on other schools.

This is not a total surprise: there has not been much interaction noted between these two and a few folks had speculated that each side had decided to seek other opportunities.

Here are her finalists (in alphabetical order):
Indiana
Iowa
Maryland
Oregon
South Carolina
Tennessee
UCLA

Just off the top of my head, Parrish could walk into Brenna Wise's spot at IU, just down the road from her, as a frosh. Iowa would seem to fit her talents, as well as Oregon. Another wing, Breanna Beal, will be at South Carolina and I really wonder why anyone would think playing at UT is going to help them in a roundball sense.

As for ND, a few thoughts:
- Is 6'2 Maddy Westbeld under consideration for a wing position? Or...
- Did Ali Campbell's growth spurt to 6'+ eclipse the need for Parrish? If so,
- Will the ND staff consider more than one of the great guards to match up with Alli?

Stay tuned.

I need to update the update....

My 2020 wish list
by tedstheman  (2019-01-14 18:23:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

With Campbell on board I would like to see Bueckers or Clark, Marshall and Westbeld fill out the class. Bueckers or Clark would be elite guards, Marshall the big we need and Westbeld an all around inside/outside player with great family ties to the Irish.

The combination of Alli and Sam seemed to make Sydney
by MPG  (2019-01-14 16:12:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

unlikely to choose ND. I don't think that Maddie Burke is a possibility for ND either. Caitlin Clark or Paige Bueckers would be a great addition. If neither of them choose ND, then Maddy Westbeld would be a good candidate for 2020.

I hope they have solid alternatives
by drmurray  (2019-01-14 15:23:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We can't afford to whiff on good "bigs"

Continuing thanks for keeping us posted. We read every word. *
by T-Bone  (2019-01-14 15:11:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thanks. Great update *
by RISteve  (2019-01-14 15:57:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post