WF Game Notes
by MPG (2019-01-14 16:33:23)

ND looked great for the first and third quarters. The starters looked sharp, even though Jackie and Arike only scored four points apiece. Jess and Bri played well at both ends of the floor and Marina was on her game. There were several passes that drew applause from the fans. By the way, NDWBB fans show great appreciation for passing and defensive hustle plays.

Mik Vaughn is finding her place as the next Brianna Turner, although she is not quite as athletic at this stage of her career. Dani Patterson has a nice skill set, but she probably won't find her true place until next season.

Jordan Nixon played better at the beginning of the season when she was a starter during Marina's absence. Now she comes off the bench and has to fit with the all-star line-up, including Marina who is the vocal leader on the floor. My guess is that this suppresses her "lead guard" inclinations. My hope is that we'll see a more relaxed Jordan in the future when she is the vocal leader on the floor.

As noted in my recruiting notes posting there were no recruits in the guest section yesterday, but I did see Mollie Pierick and Letitia Bowen, two important players from the past!

Molly?
by traditionnevergraduates  (2019-01-14 17:35:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't think that she was at the game.

Matt McGraw was speaking with Mollie or someone who
by MPG  (2019-01-14 19:43:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

looked like her during the game. If you can identify this person, then I will appreciate your contribution...

got it!
by traditionnevergraduates  (2019-01-14 21:32:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I saw Bowen talking to Rosanne Bowman, could that be it?

Yes, it could have been Bohman from that same era. *
by MPG  (2019-01-14 21:38:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

One of my favorite players
by cbiebel  (2019-01-15 05:00:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I always thought that she ended up being the key to the Final Four in 1997. Yes, Morgan and Gaither were going to get their points, but it was when Bohman ("The Farm girl") stepped up and started scoring as well that the team really did well.

Yes, she was part of a hardworking core that came together
by MPG  (2019-01-15 10:45:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

to make the 1997 tournament run. The win over Alabama stands out as one of my favorite ND wins in any sport.