ND Hoops Twitter Speculating MM will take One Of Clarke
by savr27 (2019-01-16 14:39:30)

and Bueckers, whoever commits first. I hope that’s not the case cuz imo Bueckers is a must get regardless of what happens with Clarke. Take them both and figure it out later.

Last year's team and this year's team both show
by SorinBasement  (2019-01-17 11:34:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

that you can succeed wildly with a starting five with elite talent, regardless of whether they fit into the cookie-cutter mold of the traditional 1-2-3-4-5.

There's no way I'd give up on Bueckers just because we get a commitment out of Clarke. Our coaches will happily figure out a way to put them on the floor together, then add Fudd a year later.

⬆︎⬆︎👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼⬆︎⬆︎
by BabaGhanouj  (2019-01-17 13:19:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes! I want to testify! Actually, I was going to write a long post on this subject that no one would have bothered to read. Thank you SorinBasement for saving me from myself. Sure, Muffet still is enamored with the point guard slot, but has learned (as have we all) that you can throw the 1's, 2's, 3's and even, as Sorin says, the 4's and 5's out the proverbial window—defenestration at it's finest.

Every guard we recruit is a 1 (well, perhaps with the exception of Abby), but they won't necessarily play that in college. But they can, as we have seen. All our guards must learn the offense and all should be able to play the "lead" guard.

We probably won't get Bueckers and Clark, but not because that's too many point guards. Presumed playing time, however, may influence their decisions.

How do we know that we'll get either one?
by Dennis  (2019-01-17 02:11:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't think anything is for sure at this point. I'm glad we have Ali.

That ship sailed as soon as Campbell came on board.
by ndbutch  (2019-01-16 16:18:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's going to be this summer before the rest of the recruiting world catches up with how good Notre Dame believes she is. One site has her listed as a 5-8 PG. She isn't either. Closer to 6-1 and has bounce off the dribble, as they say, to go along with a great shooting touch.

You Think Campbell is better then Bueckers? I Disagree,
by savr27  (2019-01-16 17:37:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Imo - I find Bueckers to be a better overall PG, She will Be an elite player where ever she goes. She’s my #2 must get after Fudd

I'm with you on this,
by MackyBoy  (2019-01-16 23:31:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Bueckers is the closes thing to Tarasi of UConn and WNBA fame. She is "the" player in my estimation that takes your team to another level. You can play with 3 PG's because the game today is all about being able to dribble, pass and shoot, so any great PG will be able to do all three extremely well.

The Developments/Decisions at Wing...
by dillon77  (2019-01-16 15:46:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...catch my attention: Jones at Stanford, Parrish/ND not being considered, and a Maddy Westbeld sighting in the recruits section.

- I also think Alli Campbell could play at wing ... or in this case, big guard. If MM agrees, that could open up room for a PG and another guard.
Borrowing from another thread, more than one guard can help "lead" the offense at various phases of a game.
- Given how valuable and sought after Bueckers and Clark both are, getting both is probably extremely wishful thinking, which is why ND is also probably seeing other prospects. (As for which one? One's Pistol Paige, the other is like Jerry West. Pick your preference.)

I view Alli as a guard/wing prospect, perhaps we could view
by MPG  (2019-01-16 18:49:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

her as Marina's replacement and complement to combo guards Anaya/Katlyn as well as high post/wing Sam. This would leave Caitlin/Paige as the point guard of the future, pending Jordan's development. Abby fits somewhere in the guard/wing mix.

2 Thoughts
by NOBBYDOMER  (2019-01-16 17:37:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

1 Many think Buekers/Fudd are a joined at the hip
2 two strikes, Wiggins from Indiana in 2021

Funny, 4 of top six on HG are pg’s...Buekers/VanLith/Clark/Andrews in 2020

Very reasonable, but here's another possibility…
by BabaGhanouj  (2019-01-16 14:50:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Muffet leaked to ND Hoops Twitter to put pressure on both girls. I know many Benchers like Clark, and she is great, but, like savr says, Bueckers is pure dope.

By the way, Alli Campbell "collected 29 points, 13 rebounds, 10 steals and seven assists in a 77-38 win over previously unbeaten Moshannon Valley" last week. That's 3 assists short of a quadruple double! It's the quantity of steals I keep looking at.