ESPNw Article on Natalijia Marshall
by dillon77 (2019-01-17 15:02:18)
Edited on 2019-01-17 15:19:24

Good "get-to-know" the 6'5" prospect of Class of 2020 from Christ-the- King High School and the Exodus AAU program.

Like fellow (high) post prospect, Natalijia will start touring schools this spring and hopefully make a decision by May. That early decision is -- in my opinion -- a blessing in disguise so MM and her staff can put a check in the box and/or get back to the drawing board if she/Watson choose to go elsewhere.

Based on what she's said, the McGraws or Jess Shepard (the alleged best cook on the team) should get a family meal together for this only child.

"Marshall said she will start taking visits this spring. Notre Dame and Stanford are the two schools she is sure she will tour, and Marshall hopes to make her final choice by late May.

'"A family feel," Marshall said when asked what she is looking for in a university. "My parents and I are so close. I'm an only child, so it's just us three. Academics are a huge part of this, but I want a college that feels like a home away from home."'

The Stanford inclusion is not surprising from an academic standpoint, but interesting from a basketball perspective: 6'5" Post Ashten Prechtel and 6'1" Fran Belibi (the noted dunker) will enter Stanford in 2019; and, fellow lanky post/forward Cameron Brink has already committed from the Class of 2020.

For reference, Kylee Watson is 6'2" and reminds some of Natalie Achonwa. MM went to see her this fall.

Replies: