was watching the South Carolina game
by brianant (2019-01-17 20:54:45)

and to me, it seems as though they needed the next recruiting class to be five players because they do not look that good.

I believe next year should be an exciting year for the women's game because the top 10 will honestly be up for grabs all season. I do not see just one team taking over the whole season.

Without any injuries, I think MM has a good team on her hands that would have some nice guard play and hopefully a stronger and more dominating Vaughn and Patterson. I expect Sam to get a good amount of PT and wouldn't be surprised if Anaya comes in better than expected!!

I watch the entire So. Carolina - Miss. State. game.
by sixtythreer  (2019-01-18 11:49:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Last evening, So. Carolina shot better than its average from three-point land.

Last night, So. Carolina made 10 of 25 three's. They shot 40% from three. Harris went 4 for 8.

For the season, So. Carolina has shot 32.6% from three. For the season, Harris is 21 of 61 from three., or 34.4%. Cooper is 21 of 71 or 28.2%. Cuevas-Moore is 13 of 42 or 31%.

My first point is, that if the team had shot its 32.6% average, the margin of loss would have been a bit bigger.

That being said, I was impressed with the speed of their three (point) guards who are on the floor at the same time. Especially in the first half, time and again Harris and Cooper slashed from the wing and down the lane for layups Miss. State made that harder in the 2nd half. For that reason, next time they play I think Miss. St. will win by 20.

My more important point is, I think we can handle So. Caroline, if we meet them. Miss. St. will be a tougher win.

Status of Chloe Bibby Will Matter...
by dillon77  (2019-01-18 12:19:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..she spaces out the floor with her three-point shooting and also strikes me as MSU's glue player. If Bibby is out for awhile, Howard may feel compelled to head out to the three-point arc. Let her...would rather have her pitching threes than hitting the offensive boards.

Good report...thanks!

The news on Bibby sadly is bad.
by sixtythreer  (2019-01-18 22:04:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As per Raoul, Mississippi State WBB: Sophomore forward Chloe Bibby (12.6 PPG) will miss the rest of the season after suffering a left knee injury in yesterday's South Carolina game https://hailstate.com/news/2019/1/18/womens-basketball-bibby-out-for-season-with-knee-injury.aspx …

Unless Ionescu leaves, the Ducks will be just as good next
by Domerduck  (2019-01-17 23:40:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

year with 4 starters back: Ionescu & Hebard seniors and Sabally & Boley in their 3rd year of eligibility. Current Freshman and first sub in Chavez will effectively take over for Cazorla. Then the younger Sabally, who is taller and supposed to be as good as her sister will be coming off her redshirt year and will be an immediate impact.

I agree. I think Peoples may come in and start. *
by Jon  (2019-01-17 22:38:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post