A dozen yrs ago, my 1st love was Tenn. This is sad. Warlick
by Jon (2019-01-17 22:36:13)

needs to go. The sport as a whole would be better if they were still a powerhouse.

She deserves a lifetime contract.
by NDBass  (2019-01-18 03:06:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

McCallie at Duke as well.

Yaaaaassssss!! Please give it to her! *
by goirish01  (2019-01-18 09:37:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm in favor of that! *
by traditionnevergraduates  (2019-01-18 07:13:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I hope they keep her and Westbrook transfers to ND
by Goirish01  (2019-01-18 01:03:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’d take Zarielle Green too - she’s amazing!

When Westbrook was down to her final 3: ND, OrSt,& Tenn, I
by Domerduck  (2019-01-18 12:42:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

was surprised she picked Tennessee. She is by far their best player and she sure is a gamer. Love to see her at ND or come back to Oregon as a Beaver since her South Salem high is only 35 minutes away from Corvallis.

She would be so amazing in our offense *
by Goirish01  (2019-01-18 16:46:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Painful to watch
by tedstheman  (2019-01-17 23:06:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Alabama destroyed them. Warlick has wasted so much talent. Why highly rated recruits continue to go is a mystery. They have a bunch of great athletes but there is no hint of player development or any resemblance of team basketball.

Your second and third sentences...
by okerland  (2019-01-18 13:44:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Could apply to certain ND football coaches.

If she had just acted like the "interim coach"
by cbiebel  (2019-01-18 01:06:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She probably would go down as a good loyal soldier type. Basically have her stay just a few years (3-4) so that the next "real" head coach wouldn't have to follow Summitt directly and have to deal with those comparisons.

Instead, she's thinking that she's good enough to stay. She's recruiting well enough to win, but just doesn't have "it."

Of course, it could be that the old style of play by UT (recruit better athletes, play a tough defense and score in transition or off rebounds, forgetting having much of a half court offense) might have seen its day in the sport now, with greater talent parity.