Who Else? Some Thoughts.
by dillon77 (2019-01-18 10:50:09)

In reply to: I think we need at least one dominant big  posted by IAIRISH

Context: When a "big" from the Class of 2020 arrives, Mik Vaughn will still have two years of eligibility in the low post. Hopefully, she'll use both of them.
(And by then, perhaps Danielle Cosgrove/coaching staff will discover if she's a post or the team's tallest 3-point spot shooter.)

That said, a tall drink of water like Marshall will have time to develop at her pace.

- ND and Kylee Watson once again have a mutual interest in one another. She's 6'2" and is something of a high post/low post tweener. It would be nice if she was a bit taller, but we did pretty well with the ND player she's most compared to...Natalie Achonwa. Watson hits the boards pretty hard and will do the dirty work, plus she has an accurate J up to the elbow.

- MPG and I have seen Muffet and staff look at Charles Oakley type bruisers like Naz Hillmon (now at Michigan) or Sydnee Roby (headed to Miami of Florida), only to look for slightly taller, more multi-faceted posts. So, I think that's the trend.

There have been some others who have been mentioned, but until they become a recurring cup of coffee, not worth bringing up.

Replies: