There's Room For A Number of Approaches....
by dillon77 (2019-01-19 08:13:11)

In reply to: Recruiting Posts  posted by hempfield75

At the projected start of the 2020 season (not counting walk-on Katy Cole or any transfers/graduate transfers), ND has 8 players on scholarship. Nine (9) if you include big guard/wing(?) Alli Campbell.

Four of those are low/high posters: Mik Vaughn, Danielle Cosgrove, Dani Patterson and Sam Brunelle.
- Brunelle's positioning next year bears watching. She often plays like a three in high school, but many project her (me, too btw) as a 4, like Kat Westbeld.

Five (inclding Alli C.) are guards: Jordan Nixon, Abby Prohaska, Katlyn Gilbert, Anaya Peoples and Campbell.

ND has been a guard-oriented offense for a few years (the wing is usually the biggest guard who can do some work inside, like Jackie).
If they stay that way, I see them going after a point guard and possibly another guard/wing to join Alli, plus one big.

However, if Brunelle plays wing, I could see that flip flopped: one PG, possibly two bigs.

My gut is Brunelle goes to the 4, we keep the three-guard approach and go after one big.

Gut order:
Big: N. Marshall, K. Watson
Point Guards/Guard-Wing: One will be a PG to learn from/spell the starting pg. As to the other, best possible?

So the Irish could seek to land 4 total prospects, bringing the total up to 12, plus Katie.

But the standards will stay high: if they don't get who they want, take 3 and come back with two in 2021.

Ok, second cup of coffee needed.

Replies: