Maybe I'm being to hard
by ibleedgreen (2019-02-07 21:47:06)

but 5 years with a HOF coach and the number 2 recruit in the country can only make a 2 foot layup? Doesn't even look at the basket from the free throw line?? There still is hope but things have to change. No need to play them both at the same time. The lineup needs to change. This formula wont get us close to the final four playing like this.

Last year was magical. Maybe we're just over rated?

Thoughts
by Domer65  (2019-02-08 08:21:32)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I have also thought of points that you made. I don’t want to critique individual players or coaching but I reflect on what has changed since last year. Yes, we lost Kat and that had an impact. However, we are playing others who did not see real playing time last year. This is a different team, now playing with two bigs which don’t always complement each other. The offense is not as smooth, moving and polished and at times looks confused. The starting lineup probably does need to change but I don’t see it happening.

There is a lot to be said for desire. When you don't
by chicos bail bonds  (2019-02-07 21:56:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

have it, a lot of things look bad. Last year was a magical run. I think before the season started, someone asked what would be the biggest obstacle to repeating or something like that. My answer was the chemistry and desire/hunger to repeat. It was a herculean effort of emotion last year. The tank is often empty the next time around unless you infuse some different factors. Look no further than the Chicago Cubs. They still have not recovered from 2016.

They wanted it more tonight and took it.... *
by Wolfetone  (2019-02-07 23:30:43)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You nailed it, well said* *
by ibleedgreen  (2019-02-07 22:14:44)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post