NDWBB is recruiting HVL?
by RISteve (2019-02-08 10:06:06)

I may be asleep at the wheel as I was not aware ND was in on Hailey Van Lith. This article indicates they are interested or have offered.

Per ND Hoops Recruits

Link below:

Pretty crazy two of the top 5 recruits are from Pacific NW.
by Domerduck  (2019-02-08 11:32:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Cameron Brink from Oregon who is Stanford bound and Hailey Van Lith from Wanatchee, Washington. Hard to imagine HVL doesn't end up in the Pac 12.

News to me, but the coaches often work quietly *
by Orangutan  (2019-02-08 10:08:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ditto. It's One Piece....
by dillon77  (2019-02-08 11:40:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"She's one of the top-ranked recruits in the nation with just about every major college basketball coach in the country knocking on her door, including the University of Connecticut, Notre Dame, and Baylor."

I don't know...this strikes me as a general-type report (more of a TV piece) than anything else. And the 3rd party narration on the piece does not mention any colleges, but, rather, has a ball spinning with logos of the usual suspects on it (ND, Oregon, Baylor, UConn, Louisville).

On one hand, that article could reflect an early interest between one or the other that may have been curtailed (for now?). I'm sure at some point MM or someone on her staff has taken in HVL: she's really good. Maybe there's a steady, stealth interest, but no sign of it.

As Orangutan, Baba and others have pointed out, there's only so many backcourt spots available for the Irish...and you know the possibility of Azzi Fudd is up in 2021.

Stay tuned, but I'm still looking at Minnesota and Iowa more often.

It was a TV piece
by quasimodo  (2019-02-08 17:31:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They were doing profiles on the top BB prospects in the state and they did her's yesterday on the news. It is not a national recruiting savvy site just a homer TV sound bite piece.

No real news here for followers of this board. But a nice puff piece on a qualify kid. It'd be nice if she is really considering us but who really knows.

Her town is tiny in the cascade mountain foothills. But a pretty place to visit and hike.

I had questions about her competition level but she plays well on national teams too so there's that.

Q

Thanks for That....
by dillon77  (2019-02-08 18:03:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I watched it, as well as read the transcription of the narration (which became the basis of that "article"). As you said, nice general piece.
Boy, in terms of appearance, the apple (HVL) didn't fall far from the tree (her mom).

She can play. As you said, you don't win two gold medals in international play in one summer (full court, 3x3) without having the goods.

Certainly enjoy watching her...we'll see where (just don't think it will be in Irish blue, white, gold or green).

Umm…my reaction is,
by BabaGhanouj  (2019-02-08 11:59:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

this is a TV station—not a recruiting expert and not especially known as being the paradigm of research. They may have just picked the three most top teams—well, not the top now, but well-known for their unquestionable recruiting credentials.

I could be all wet here, but I don't think we will see Hailey at Notre Dame.

[Edit: I see Dillon is fast and added some of the same to his post also while I was writing mine. :-)]

I'd be surprised if they didn't at least gauge her interest
by Orangutan  (2019-02-08 12:14:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But no known visits to ND. Not followed by Muffet or Niele on twitter (she is followed by @ndwbb). And she's from the west coast where we have no track record of recruiting success?

Yeah, I'd be shocked if it happens. But I don't doubt that the coaching staff at least made an effort. You'd be a fool not to. She's legit.