Check Out This Prospects Nation Evaluation from This Week
by dillon77 (2019-02-09 10:40:39)
Edited on 2019-02-09 10:44:52

In reply to: Caitlin Clark scored 38 last night in a 51-50 victory.  posted by MPG

by PN's Brandon Clay. He attended Caitlin's Dowling Catholic vs. Iowa City.

It's very interesting to note the player he compares Caitlin to:

"Caitlin Clark has a game and style that reminds me of current Indiana Univ. point guard Ali Patberg during her senior year of high school.

"Ranked No. 6 overall in the Class of 2020, Clark is a competitor first and foremost. That's her elite skill set based on what I saw during this high-level, high-school match-up against the state’s No. 1 team Iowa City. Less than 20 hours after dropping 46 against local rival, Ankeny, Clark was right back in her bag finishing with 35 points in a tough win.

"When I look at Patberg's stat line from the 2018-19 (college) season, I see a lot of what I would project from Clark along the way: 15.4 points, 5 assists, 5 rebounds, 80 percent from the free-throw line, 33 percent from behind the arc."

Note the comparison was to Ali's senior year in HS. Remember when MM was thinking about having a freshman Ali in the backcourt at the same time as Lindsay Allen?

Wonder how she's thinking of Clark in that respect? Floor leader? Combo? If memory holds, even Skylar was not the lead point guard her frosh year (even though she started).

Full article below...he also reviews Aubrey Joens (Iowa state commit and Iowa attack teammate of Clarks) and Rose Nkumu, another 2020 prospect.

Replies: