Will JY return next year? *
by 2001sorin (2019-02-10 15:47:01)

This user did not provide content for this post

I do not think that she wil be back next year. *
by irishlib  (2019-02-11 12:56:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ionescu and Jackie's Draft Decisions Were ESPN'd...
by dillon77  (2019-02-10 17:30:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...if that's a word, on the Stanford-Oregon game.

I brought this up on an earlier thread, but the WNBA is currently without a Collective Bargaining Agreement. I think A'ja Wilson made about $50K+ in her first season. Surely, a revised CBA would try to push that up. Now, will it be done by the time of the draft? Doubtful. But will it be all that much more so as to influence her decision? Dubious. I'd still think that most of the money will be made overseas.

NCAA Womens BBall is more popular than WNBA so JY & SI
by Domerduck  (2019-02-10 18:54:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

will get a lot more eyes on them if they stay in school especially since ND and Oregon are such TV and live draws. I am sure that will also factor into their decision, I also agree with you the WNBA CBA will affect their decision.

I am hoping Muffet does whar Miss St did this year and get
by Domerduck  (2019-02-10 17:02:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

a bunch of grad transfers to work with JY. If tha's the message JY is captain, but doesn't have to do it all with the incoming class and the current Freshman and Sophs. No matter how good they are, they will make a lot of mistakes gaining experience. If Muffet tells her that hopefully that helps her want to stay.

What is the benefit of leaving?
by Goirish01  (2019-02-10 16:28:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This draft class is loaded. She could be the #1 pick next year, no?

If she doesn’t, next year will be uh, interesting. *
by 2ndstreeter  (2019-02-10 16:13:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Perhaps
by Domer65  (2019-02-10 16:06:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But, if I were her, I would not. I wouldn’t want to risk an injury playing for a rebuilding team when I could be an early draft pick this year. She can always earn the remaining credits for an ND degree in the off season, if she doesn’t already have enough. Let’s face it, even with JY, this team will not be playing for the NC next year.

If you heard the arike postgame interview on espn
by RISteve  (2019-02-10 16:03:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She said “we have five seniors trying to respond to adversity”. I am paraphrasing everything except the “five seniors”. That is a direct quote.

NDWBB also had a team meeting per Arike
by TerryND83  (2019-02-10 21:43:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

after the Miami loss. Hope they bond together like they did last year and get focused on winning the remainder of their schedule and win the ACC Tourney. They have NC State and Syracuse as the 2 toughest on their schedule, but as UNC and Miami proved, any ACC team that has speed and athleticism has a shot at defeating the NDWBB.

Here is the video and I retract my quote
by RISteve  (2019-02-10 16:40:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I just listened again. She said “ABOUT five seniors”. One word changes her quote. Apologies. I feel better now. I am closing the windows to the ledge. Making an ear appointment too

Link, below

Maureen Butler is the 5th senior *
by goirish01  (2019-02-11 00:23:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"About five" could mean 4 plus a junior. *
by 2ndstreeter  (2019-02-10 17:11:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Perhaps she meant Maureen Butler *
by Boobie78  (2019-02-10 16:31:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She also said they are concerned about their legacy
by 2ndstreeter  (2019-02-10 16:11:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Of course it’s just parsing and trying to read tea leaves, but it sounded like the starting 5 was the group.

Hmmm. Very Interesting. Maybe she meant veterans? *
by Jon  (2019-02-10 16:04:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post