Bench Board Bingo - Boston
by BabaGhanouj (2019-02-11 23:35:16)
Edited on 2019-02-12 07:24:16

Remember the game is on Wednesday, not Thursday. Bingo for Boston is a bit bizarre. I threw in some nonsense as usual but also some math—but it’s simple, simple math! No scowling or throwing up your hands in disgust. Come on, the women have to work their butts off for your enjoyment, both on and off the court and in the classroom. The least you could do is refresh a couple of math terms. I had to look them up (on the internet). You can too.

Here’s the card for the Boston College game:

A3 Seems self explanatory, but if I am muddy, as I often am, just ask. The answer will be rounded to the first decimal point. (5 and above is rounded up)
B2 It's FREE, but I would really be impressed if you knew something about the context.
B3 If an odd number of ND players score, there will be a median. If an even number of players score, name a player who scores closest to the median.
C1 OK, this could be tricky. Think about it. The question reads “for all ND players who play”. The answer could also be “none”. Either a name or “none”
C3 …or the last one you recall or is appropriate for a public site. You could also give the title of the last book you wrote.

But this time...
by Radi-skull  (2019-02-13 18:48:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A1: a second tier athletic school which somehow thinks it is ND's peer and rival*
A2: yes
A3: 4.5
B1: Guy
B2:
B3: Turner
C1: Butler, Benz, Cosgrove
C2: 7
C3: That's not my Puppy
*If snippy answers are not accepted, Boston College

Here Goes
by airedaleman  (2019-02-13 15:48:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A1 - Boston College
A2 - No
A3 - 4.3
B1 - Dickens
B2 - Nope
B3 - Jackie Young
C1 - None
C2 - 13
C3 - Cross The Line by James Patterson

My answers
by Fighting_Artichoke  (2019-02-13 13:59:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A1: Boston College? (I figure it would be cheating to look it up, so that's my answer.)
A2: No.
A3: 4.4
B1: Guy
B2: Noo! But Harvard may be the Notre Dame of New England.
B3: Turner. By the way, when there's an even number, the median is the mean of the 2 middle values.
C1: If it's the mode, it has to be more than one player. The score will be zero and the players who play and are scoreless are Benz and Butler.
C2: 13
C3: Stargirl

Nice! That's the tricky part for C1.
by BabaGhanouj  (2019-02-13 15:22:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You only have to guess one name though. It's possible that those who put "none" know what they are doing also.

My guesses:
by Homeboy73  (2019-02-12 11:56:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A1- Not Notre Dame
A2- No. Not even on a commercial.
A3- The Tuck Rule results in 1.#5&6.
B1- Nehru King. Oh wait...
B2- ☘️ Don’t forget Fairfield U.
B3- Yes
C1- SCORE THE BALL, not the mode!
C2- All of them
C3- Dan Breen’s My Fight for Irish Freedom

Mine
by NOBBYDOMER (click here to email the poster)  (2019-02-12 11:52:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A1 BC
A2 N
A3 4.6
B1 Pinau
B2 haHa
B3 JY
C1 Patterson
C2 12
C3 Ambush by Patterson

Baba's Beliefs
by BabaGhanouj  (2019-02-12 11:39:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A1 Boston College
A2 No, although one of these must come through sometime
A3 4.4
B1 Makayla Dickens
B2 Some say that, according to Amy Poehler. See Orangutan. I know the guy who wrote that joke for her 😀.
B3 Jackie Young
C1 Maureen Bulter
C2 11
C3 A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles (It made the rounds in the family.)

Dillon's "B-line" Druthers
by dillon77  (2019-02-12 10:25:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A1: Boston College
A2: No
A3: 4.4

B1: Makayla Dickens
B2: Hmm...by technical default? MIT and Harvard in Cambridge, Brandeis in Waltham, but BU and Northeastern are in Boston, too. Beanpot Tourney! (Harvard wins!)
B3: Marina Mabrey

C1: None
C2: 12
C3: "Warlight" by Michael Ondaatje

Second time.
by 65domer  (2019-02-12 10:19:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A.1 BC
A.2 No
A.3 4.6
B.1 Dickens
B.2
B.3 Turner
C.1 None
C.2 15
C.3 Messiah Matrix by Ken Atchity

Crawling back - I'll probably get C3 wrong
by NDoggie78  (2019-02-12 08:35:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A1 Boston College?
A2 Yes
A3 4.5
B1 Dickens
B2 No, it's the Yale of Boston
B3 Jackie Young
C1 None
C2 12
C3 Match Up - Lee Child editor

Beginner's Luck
by SixShutouts66  (2019-02-12 00:23:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A1 Boston College
A2 No this is basketball
A3 4.4
B1 Emma Guy
B2 Ms Poehler and Mr Flutie have fragile, but oversize egos, let them keep their delusion of yes
B3 Marina
C1 None
C2 15
C3 Genome - no, it's not Mr Auriemma's autobiography - rather science

Read that when it came out. Great—still quote from it. *
by BabaGhanouj  (2019-02-12 11:57:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Oh sure, I'll finally play your little game
by Orangutan  (2019-02-11 23:51:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A1 - Boston College (is this basically a free space?)
A2 - No
A3 - 4.5
B1 - Dickens
B2 - Surely, Harvard is the Harvard of Boston no matter what Ms. Poehler said in her address to the 2011 graduating class at Harvard.
B3 - Brianna Turner
C1 - None
C2 - 11
C3 - To All the Boys I've Loved Before (I'm not proud of this fact)

I fear these answers are horrible, but one has to start somewhere.

I'm impressed! (as usual)
by BabaGhanouj  (2019-02-11 23:54:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I recently saw the movie. It was OK, but I was told the book was quite different.