I totally agree L'ville has an easier ACC schedule with ND &
by Domerduck (2019-02-13 11:31:13)
Edited on 2019-02-13 11:37:05

In reply to: If ND wins out, we would have wins over 8 ranked teams + ACC  posted by NDoggie78

FSU as their only tough ACC teams they had to play away. Also the fact they get to play UVA & Pitt twice (combined current records: 19-30 & 4-18 in the ACC) was already unfair. That's by far the worst combined record of any ACC teams "rivals' (ND's teams are currently 29-19). Also I totally agree our OOC challenges were far tougher. As I've said before we should be open to having Louisville our rival (replacing Ga Tech & Va respectively), with home & away each year like we had with UConn in the Big East, as it would mean another ESPN game every year as I am sure they'd televise both.

That said we just should not have lost those three games, especially to unranked NC (despite it's talent) when the 5 teams ahead of us have only lost 1 or 2 games and those that lost 2 (even assuming Louisville loses again to us) would have only lost to top 6 teams and not on their home floor. The teams with one loss only lost to top 25 teams away. They may not have had as tough a schedule as us, but they took care of business with the teams they were scheduled to play.