Vol Nation
by traditionnevergraduates (2019-03-24 06:51:31)

I just read the posts there, man are they unhappy!

Tenn should not have made NCAAs. Ohio should have been
by Domerduck  (2019-03-24 19:27:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

in as they were 1st out and have made the sweet 16 in the NIT. MAC was tough and could have been 2-0 against the Big10 if the CMU/MSU game ball bounced a little different with CMU losing by 1 in that last shot. UT and Auburn got gift invitations that should have gone to mid majors (MAC & WCC) who had much better RPI. There will also be a WCC team in the NIT sweet16 since Pepperdine and SMC are playing each other tonite.

As for the 2 unworthy SEC teams, Auburn lost to a WCC team and Tennessee lost by double digits in their one NCAA game. Since the only other non Power 5 team to beat a P5 team,was the MAC (Buffalo over Auburn), MAC and WCC deserved those last births.

Agreed. The SEC Selections Get Under My Skin...
by dillon77  (2019-03-25 09:00:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I can't prove any "Collusion" between ESPN and the NCAA committee, but ESPN -- with it's financial interest in the SEC Network -- toots the horn about the conference and it's teams so incessantly that you wonder if it takes roots with the committee.

Ohio most certainly should've made the tourney. And I wonder what would've happened if Penn had beaten Princeton in the Ivy finals (it was a close game). Princeton had "at large" qualifications and might've knocked out one of the final four.

BTW, Indiana did prove its mettle with the win over Texas. They were way to short (of stature) against Oregon. Wise is a wing playing power forward for them. Still, valiant effort by Patberg, Penn (who has improved remarkably) and the Hoosiers.

Carol Owens
by IndianaLee  (2019-03-24 09:45:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Saw Carol Owens as a name mentioned for head coach consideration with wishful Vols.

Does ND anticipate losing any coaches from the staff?

Would they really hire an assistant...
by ufl  (2019-03-24 09:51:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..even an accomplished one?

They need a home run hire.

Carol Owens was head coach for 5 years at Northern Illinois. *
by BabaGhanouj  (2019-03-24 10:22:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes...but I'm not sure that changes the situation much
by ufl  (2019-03-24 10:24:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

in Tennessee's view.

Very possible, and I don't think Carol is looking for a job. *
by BabaGhanouj  (2019-03-24 10:25:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post