What’s the outlook for this team next year? Assuming JY
by jymbo (2019-04-08 08:03:14)

returns.

Next season
by Mike  (2019-04-08 12:17:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Regardless if JY returns or not next season will obviously be much different. Gone are a special group of offensively gifted players. Next year's team must defend better because the offense won't bail them out. I think it will be a struggle early but I trust this staff to find the answers.

Slight Rain Check? I'm Going To Wait Until the JY Decision
by dillon77  (2019-04-08 10:08:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

which has to be sometime today.

Everyone has their theories and makes their predictions,
by BabaGhanouj  (2019-04-08 08:58:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but next year, for good or ill, Notre Dame is a great unknown. Practically all new, untested players will be taking the reins and new rolls. The magic of sports is when the perceived lowliest rated player on a team scores 26 points and makes the wining shot for the championship—nothing is written (despite what ESPN tried to convince us about fate).

Preseason? I would guess about #20. *
by PWK2  (2019-04-08 08:17:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Seems about right
by domer65  (2019-04-08 10:10:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Unless the incoming freshmen become starters and impact players early in the season or we get one or more transfers, it will be a long season. There is still a lot of disparity between the top 15-20 teams in women’s basketball and everyone else so being a top 20 team, even in a down year, is almost a given. If Jackie returns that will certainly help. However, without the players who are graduating as a supporting cast, teams will put more focus on Jackie and that will have an impact.