Great two year run. Getting so close actually hurt more.
by Otter (2019-04-08 10:21:41)

Everyone on this team has so much to be proud of. No matter how good you are, it's a buzz saw to play Stanford, UConn and Baylor and have to go 3-0 over that stretch to be the champion.

If they had lost to UConn, I think it would have been easier to deal with. If Cox hadn't been hurt and Baylor won by 8-10 it would have been easier, at least for me. I think last night they were the better team.

The hard part is losing as a result of two missed free throws in the last minute by two of the best free throw shooters in college sports. But that is why they call them free throws...not free points. Even a 90 percent shooter will miss 1 out of 10.

It would have been a lucky win with the Cox injury but it was there for us. I feel worse for Bri Turner than anyone else. Yes, she won a championship last year, but I'm sure it would feel differently to win one on the court.

I see a lot of posts with angst and lots of posts saying what a great run it was. I think you can feel both emotions at the same time. Best back to back seasons by any major ND team since the 88-89 football team. Ironically, the 1989 football team was probably better than the 88 team. And the role of Bri Turner was played by Michael Stonebreaker.

Great job to Muffet and the entire team.