Mulkey is a competitor, she's loyal, and she's a winner.
by Domerduck (2019-04-08 12:12:19)
Edited on 2019-04-08 12:29:23

In reply to: Not sure what makes me sadder,  posted by SorinBasement

Her whole life she has been at two schools. She has 6 national championships-3 during her 19 years at Louisiana Tech (1981 AIAW NC & 1st NCAA champ in 1982, and 1988 as an assistant coach) and the 3 NCs in her 19 years at Baylor. I know folks talk about her demeanor (like you calling her a lunatic) but I have always said on this board that I would love her as my coach. I certainly would rather have Muffet and what she has given ND, but what Mulkey has given La Tech and Baylor over so many years has been phenomenal. She has been great for the women's game and we all should be glad we have such a worthy competitor leading another private, Christian school.

I know Mulkey has been up for the Naismith HOF for the last few years as she competed against Muffet when she got it two years ago. I was amazed that she didn't even make the finalists this year as the official list of eligible candidates is attached. She was nominated/eligible in two categories. The 3 women finalists were Theresa Witherspoon (who got in), Leta Andrews, and Barbara Stephens . The only other HOF inductee associated with women's bball was a team: the WAYLAND BAPTIST UNIVERSITY TEAMS OF 1948-82 [Team]. I really think Mulkey is HOF worthy.