For me I can't move on until the JY decision, butI have some
by Domerduck (2019-04-08 13:10:20)

In reply to: Some "Morning After" Mulling...  posted by dillon77

top of mind thoughts on yesterday's game and it's impact. I do appreciate and agree with many of your sentiments. As for the game and certain players here's 3 thoughts:

1. Oregon had a better game plan as well as execution plan against Baylor than ND. They got cold in the end which is why they lost, but Iknow Baylor D had much to do with that. As for ND if Cox hadn't got hurt, it woudn't have been close.
2. Chloe Jackson and Marina did well with their WNBA stock for that game as I think one of those two could sneak into the 2nd round vs their 3rd round projections. On the other hand JY (if she comes out) may have hurt hers. Her reluctance to shoot except for drives when the team needed her is an issue which if I were a GM would have me question her as a high 1st round pick. I still think Arike should be ND's top WNBA pick.
3. Speaking of Arike, I am in awe of what she accomplished on such a big stage. She has two records from this tournament that I don't think will be easily broken. Highest scoring game in a championship on a losing team (2nd overall win or lose) and highest scoring tournament total points on a losing team (144, 4th overall in the history of the tournament). Given last years heroics and this years performance, her last two years in the NCAA tournament have been incredible.

Replies: