Some Answers For You
by dillon77 (2019-04-09 00:22:07)
Edited on 2019-04-09 06:52:24

In reply to: Hey Dillon. Have Another Question for You  posted by hempfield75

Answers underneath your questions.

1) If the player is in the transfer portal. Can coaches initiate contact
with the player.

2) If the player is not in the portal coaches can not initiate contact.
Only the player can initiate the contact.

Answer: This is how the transfer process ("the portal") works:

The NCAA Division I Council adopted a proposal that creates a new “notification-of-transfer” model. This system allows a student to inform his or her current school of a desire to transfer, then requires that school to enter the student’s name into a national transfer database within two business days. Once the student-athlete’s name is in the database, other coaches are free to contact that individual.

3) In your best feeling or guess or even knowledge. How many transfers
do you think MM will go after?

Don't know. MM made a comment when talking after Sam and Anaya signed their letter of intent that she thought she'd try to get a post player and/or a grad transfer to help out Jackie and give another veteran presence . Well, with no Jackie, getting a vet would help even more so. MPG has researched Raoul's transfer blog and only found one forward who might give some help.

While watching the UVA-TT game, I'll peruse the list as well and see who -- if any -- jumps out from that list, both for grad transfers and/or "normal" ones.

4) Do you think 2 guards and 1 post is reasonable and doable?

Answers: As transfers? Hmmm. I don't think so...it depends on whether the ND coaches and/or team think transfers would fit in with ND. Some of the more desirable folks in the portal are from Ga. Tech, but intraconference transfer rules in the ACC are tough (sit one year and lose a year of eligibility). On the other hand, being a grad transfer in the ACC is ok.

I think I have made pretty obvious that I am a big fan of the underdog.
My next question comes under that category.
5) How does going after transfers affects the opportunity for Benz and
Cole to walk on for next year?

Shouldn't affect them at all. Right now, with frosh coming, we have 8 scholarship players. Even if we get, say, two transfers, that's only 10: plenty of space to have Nicole and Kaitlin stay in the party. Remember how valuable the walk-ons are in practice. And both of them seem to be very well liked and respected by the rest of the team.

Replies: