Herbert Harrigan leaving SC (link)
by Jon (2019-04-09 15:55:38)

Cooper leaving too
by joeyt28  (2019-04-10 16:07:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

T'ea Cooper also leaving. Wow.

Season's over & almost more drama now. Trans & draft.... *
by Jon  (2019-04-10 16:20:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Interesting Raoul tweet about S Carolina
by RISteve  (2019-04-10 07:32:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I find this stat incredible. Actually, this is the way college sports is going, but still...

Per Raoul:

“South Carolina WBB signed 14 players in the 2014 through 2017 recruiting classes; 9 transferred out. Attrition rate = 64%.”

Even in This Transfer-Up Era, That Caught My Attention
by dillon77  (2019-04-10 08:14:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A number of the posters who are SC fans who post on the Boneyard say that Dawn is a coach who is very magnetic and real to high school players. And she stays that way once you get there, but she is a tough, no-nonsense disciplinarian (her rules).

It's probably one reason what she's in the transfer market, too.

To think T'ea Cooper is now a leader of that team with that golden class of freshmen: whew, who woulda thunk?

te'a Copper
by hempfield75  (2019-04-10 17:25:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Could she be a possibility for MM and the Irish. She could be a leader for
our freshman and sophs. Also help Danielle, Mik and Dani. If she is a
Grad transfer. I would go after her.

SEG/Chief

Transfer Portal
by hempfield75  (2019-04-09 18:25:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Bad for USC. Options I hope for us. Says alot about the program without
even asking questions. Maybe USCs recruiting was to good. I wonder would
any of those players be eligible for a waiver based on Saleys affiliation
with the National Team???

SEG/Chief

Herbert-Harigan is outstanding
by goirish01  (2019-04-09 16:18:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Imo totally under-rated and under-utilized at South Carolina.

Got the Goods, But She Only Has One Year of Eligibility..
by dillon77  (2019-04-09 18:49:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..and has to sit out before she can play. Plus, while she's developed a pretty good jumper and is gifted athletically, she most certainly clashed with Dawn Staley, earning a few game suspensions and getting into some arguments during games.

LaDhazia Williams was pretty highly rated coming out of northern Florida but has not been able to get on the floor, even though Wilson graduated last year.

Who knows, might be worth a talk with Williams. Harrigan would've been great as a grad transfer...

With three leaving at once
by SorinBasement  (2019-04-09 16:17:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

you've got to wonder if Staley sat them down and told them they had no future there, especially with the bumper crop she's got coming in.

Williams was on our list at one time *
by drmurray  (2019-04-09 17:03:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She Was...But Then Kinda Went Radio Static ....
by dillon77  (2019-04-09 17:52:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...before signing with the Gamecocks. Didn't get a bunch of playing time and that was probably not going to get any better with Amihere and Boston coming in.

Probably didn't need to be sat down *
by NDoggie78  (2019-04-09 16:21:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Maybe they sat down with each other. *
by SorinBasement  (2019-04-09 16:27:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We had better get a few more player from somewhere!
by sixtythreer  (2019-04-09 23:38:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And they better be eligible for the 2019-2020 season.

At the minute, I count only 8: Jordan Nixon, Katlyn Gilbert, Abby Prohaska, Danielle Cosgrove,
Mikayla Vaughn, Danielle Patterson, Anaya Peoples, and Samantha Brunelle.

As good as this group may be, and injury or two and ....

(I am not counting possible walk-ons)

Is there another Jess Shephard out there in the transfer portal?