My Ace Story
by Nigeltufnel (2019-04-12 07:17:42)

In reply to: Natalie Achonwa -- Something from her; something about her  posted by dillon77

While in Miami for business, by happenstance we found ourselves at the same hotel as the Irish who were preparing for their fixture against the U. Ace was with the team post-graduation in what appeared to be quasi-manager role (apparently while rehabbing her knee). While coming back late from dinner Ace was in the hotel lobby dealing with team logistics (delivery of equipment etc.). When I told her in passing that I was an alum who like her had ties to the 6ix, she stopped what she was doing and immediately sparked up a conversation asking us all kinds of questions with genuine interest. Trust me, we are uninteresting yet her sincerity and genuine interest in us came through. After a few minutes, we (not her) had to end the conversation as it was late and we had traveled that day—by the looks it she would have been content to continue chit chatting with us for another 20-30 mins. This was one situation where your perception of somebody is borne out by your chance encounter. She was all aces.

Replies: