Destinee Walker commit to ND!!!
by brianant (2019-04-14 19:57:46)

It was meant to be. . . . *
by Notra_Dahm  (2019-04-15 12:41:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

nice *
by drmurray  (2019-04-15 13:47:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Can't spell Destinee without ND. *
by NDLAW88  (2019-04-15 14:02:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Welcome Destinee!! A wonderful addition to our squad! *
by goirish01  (2019-04-15 12:15:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Needs are great
by BB Junky  (2019-04-15 08:30:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think the coaching staff realized that the talent and experience level was just not good enough. I'm not sure Walker is a game changer but she will help the depth a lot. I agree we are lacking in the post also. Vaughn is a nice player but not ready for prime time yet. Cosgrove is a female Luke Zeller and will never be comfortable underneath the basket unless they can transform her body.
I think we will difinately see the return of the pure Princeton offense next year! Beat em with execution and not out-talent em.

Vaughn
by Drew  (2019-04-17 17:23:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Personally I think and hope you are mistaken about Vaughn. As long as she maintains her health, she will be a force to be reckoned with. Cosgrove I am not as optimistic about,

Hey hey hey! Keep feeding Mcgraw and see what happens! *
by Jon  (2019-04-14 21:14:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Well, this is a nice piece in the rebuild
by RISteve  (2019-04-14 20:56:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Many on The Bench speculated MM would go the grad transfer route and this is a prime example. Let’s see what happens over the next few weeks, but this move is a positive step forward.

Walker
by hempfield75  (2019-04-14 20:19:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This is absolutely the best news.

...This just puts the biggest smile on my face. They say, good things
happen to those who wait.

...I like that we are getting a player that knows ND and coaches know
her. Know one is getting a surprise. And we have her for 2 years. Lets not
put any pressure on this poor woman before she reports onboard. Other than
winning at least the ACC and going to the F4.

...The coaches know what they want and went after her. That is why you
have to love this staff. Getting a player that can give immediate help.

...We only need 2 more things. First another grad transfer that is a
post. Plus, Marshall for 2020.

...We get those 2 I will always try to be positive in my post. And I
will try to reduce the number of pages in my novels.

I am really happy for Walker, ND, MM, and all us ND supporters. Yes,
you to Baba.

Thanks to all.

Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Irish.

...I do wish UNC in all the luck in getting out the mess they are
in.

SEG/Chief

Is She Eligible To Play Right Away? And How Many Years? *
by savr27  (2019-04-14 21:23:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes
by joeyt28  (2019-04-14 21:43:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes and 2 years, hope she stays healthy.

To play 2 more years would make her a 6 year player
by Ajax  (2019-04-14 22:25:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As she graduated from high school in 2015.

She would have to petition for a 6th year. It's possible that could happen, but you have to think she would like to raise her professional stock in 19-20.

Agree. Thinking of This As a One-Year Deal...
by dillon77  (2019-04-15 09:20:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...at least initially.

MM talked about getting some experience to help out Jackie. Well, without Jackie, that became even more imperative.

While Walker hasn't played at all in two years, she did have a good first two seasons at North Carolina. It will be interesting to see what she can bring to the table after that time off: even a return to that form -- including decent outside shooting -- will help.

But I can't see wanting her for much longer than one year: the Irish do have young talent (Peoples, Gilbert, Proshaska) and you want them to get playing time. Plus, you've got Alli Campbell and hopefully others coming in.

Still think the primary and more pressing issue is getting a big: either a grad transfer (although the pickings look somewhat slim) or transfer (MSU's Cooks being the most prominent) and/or a frosh in 2020 (Marshall/Watson).

Still, look forward to what Desiree Walker can bring to the equation.

Seems most woman have been granted the injury extra year
by NDoggie78  (2019-04-15 09:37:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Of course that would be up to her and ND if they wanted to pursue.
Do you see her as a WNBA draftable player? Unless she is healthy and has a breakout year, don't see her foregoing an extra year for the WNBA (but of course that decision may not be in her hands)

Guess It's the Old "Let's Take One Year At A Time..."
by dillon77  (2019-04-15 10:29:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

- She was a top recruit coming out of high school and performed well her frosh season and most of her sophomore season until missing the last 10 games due to an injury.
- But she has not been in a game since early 2017.
- So, let's see what she brings to the court come Fall 2019.
- Like you said, at that point, I guess we'll see if ND and she want to petition the NCAA for another year or if she wants to go pro. If she wants to come back, I think she has to petition the NCAA for a 6th year.

Could be a lot of factors regarding the former: how well she comes back, how the team does with her, what other guards are recruited in the class of 200, etc.
- At the very least, MM has someone with D1 experience to pare with her (largely) neophyte guards.

Stay tuned.

Or at least pair. (I joke) *
by T-Bone  (2019-04-15 11:21:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Let's hope that Stephanie Watts also is headed to ND.
by sixtythreer  (2019-04-14 21:55:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Her 2016-17 Season resume is qute impressive:

"Averaged 16.8 points, 7.9 rebounds and 2.2 assists per game •

"ACC ranks: 2nd in 3FG made per game (3.1), 4th in 3FG made (81), 5th in defensive rebounds (5.5), 6th in 10-rebound games (11), 6th in scoring (16.8), 6th in rebounding (7.9), 8th in minutes played (34.2), 9th in blocked shots (1.2), 9th in steals (2.0)...."

Let's hope that Stephanie sees her destiny with Destinee's.

Post Recruiting
by hempfield75  (2019-04-15 04:33:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Getting a commitment from Walker and be eligible to play right away is
a start to possibly and incredible recruiting period.

...Lets say for the sake of arguing that Stephanie Watts follows Destinee
to ND and MM takes her.

...What do we do about grad transfer for the post. If we take 2 guards.
Would MM still go after a post that can start immediately.

...I know that there is post, I believe her name is Cook, has been on the
radar. I would really like to get her from what I have read about her on
this board. She would have to set out a year. I do not think there is
anything that she can claim to get a waiver. Believe MSU runa a pretty
good program.

...Do you still try to get a grad transfer post for immediate availability
for this year. A one hit wonder.

...That is just talking about the transfer possibilities. There has been
little talk about the regular recruiting phase for 2020. Have not
heard a peep about Clark. The writing is on the wall for her. This would
be an incredible opportunity for her. There has been so many possitives
happened with this program to not give us a serious look. What other
school can offer her what we can? The only thing we can not offer her is
the campus right next door to her. If pieces keep falling into place.
This could be a very dangerous team for the right guard to lead in
2020. I would like that guard to be Clark. I would not say no to Kelly
either. I would not say no to Hailey deciding to attend ND. Just say the
word and I would go knock on her door. I am retired. Nothing else to do.
Crap I forgot no wheels. Kills that idea.

...From the commitment of Destiny to what we reading about Cook and
Marshall. Thinks are really looking up for us so far. Lets keep those
prayers going to the Basketball Gods. No slacking off now. We are on
a roll. Look out Geno, we are coming after you again. Do not sleep on
our watch. It will be over before you can open your eyes.

Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Irish
Beat GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

SEG/Chief

Post is a huge need.
by 2ndstreeter  (2019-04-15 07:22:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’m not worried about Geno as much as Baylor, Oregon, South Carolina, Stanford in the immediate and near future. It’s officially crowded at the top now.