Evina Westbrooks to transfer
by Skydigg88 (2019-04-16 10:42:47)

Hopefully we can get her and build her to be the great player we know that she can be.

If Oregon can get an Indiana girl, ND can get an Oregon girl
by Domerduck  (2019-04-16 11:35:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

even if it was by the way of Tennessee. Evina Westbrook brought the first 2 state championships to South Salem back in Oregon when she was in high school playing in our state capital. Sydney Parish just got HSE from the outskirts of Indianapolis (Indiana' state capital) their 1st state championship and hopes to lead them to a second one next year. She just committed to Oregon.

Hope ND can get Evina....she could be another Jackie Young under Muffet and Niele's tutelage.

ND supposedly backed off a McDonald's AA in the 2019 class
by ndbutch  (2019-04-17 22:12:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Because they felt a parent was a bit too involved. Allegedly so did some other top schools. Erin Boley's "family atmosphere" parting shot was mild compared to Evina's ride at Tennessee. The coaches, and Westbrook ,will make the decision but I just don't see it.

Westbrook Transfer
by hempfield75  (2019-04-16 16:20:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sounds fair to me.

...Look at it this way. She is still in class which means she is closer
to ND than she is to Oregon. Easy trip to go up and talk to MM and Niele.
She should know more about ND than the average grad transfer since she
has gone against ND her 2 years at Tennessee. You also know there is quite
the opportunity for immediate playing time, especially at her preferred
position.

...The coaching at Tennessee was not the best in the world. Under MM and
Niele we could finally see the real Westbrook, that MM went after hard.

...The only problem I see is we are really packed at the guard position.
Especially if we are fortunate to get Clark.

...On a positive, if we do not get Clark but Kelly. With Westbrook, that
would set us up perfectly for Fudd if she decides to attend ND. I
personally have a good feeling about this.

...With Walker and maybe Westbrook and 1 more grad transfer post. Top 10
or higher easy. Of course I always look at the positive side of everything.
But I do not forget the negatives.

Thanks

SEG/Chief

Likely Pac 12.*
by ndbutch  (2019-04-16 11:31:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

:::